Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grace, my mother (Feb. 5,1918--November 10, 1991)

Wasn't she beautiful?? This is my mother when she was 18 years old, back in 1936! I found her diary from that year, it was a graduation gift from her Aunt Lucy. I thought I would write each day what she had wrote. So if I don't get anything else written at least you will hear what her life was like! I feel I must start on January 1st, 1936 the day she first began to write in it!

January 1, 1936
Went with Melvin and Elaine. High School boys played the Alumni. High School won. Francis was there. Frank was dressed up. Told me I had pretty hair asked if I had to get permanent. "Your the sweetest thing". Melvin and Elaine came in and ate candy.

 Today we were busy around the house. Tom worked out in the yard, mowing up our leaves. Oh yes, he was busy all day!! Our yard looks so beautiful tonight!!!

 As I was cleaning the front room, I looked out the window and saw this robin taking a drink from the bird bath!  So I grabbed my camera and took this shot! ~smile~ But did clean around the house!


Then later I made this for our table. Isn't it pretty? These are dried leaves that we gathered a few weeks ago.

Well, we are both pretty tired tonight, but feel good that we got so much done today.  

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23

more as it happens............

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I of course love the pic of Grandma & the journal entry... What a cool idea to share the journaling.. Sounds like you both had a very busy day!!! I bet the yard looks amazing & its nice to have a clean living room to relax in & watch some good tv!!

Brenda said...

By the way I really like the arrangement looks like fall...

Pioneer Beauty said...

Oh...I LOVE it..She is Beautiful...but then again weren't they all during that time..We just don't take the time to look Feminine on a daily basis as our Mother's and Grandmother's use to..I look forward to hearing your Dear Mother's thoughts as she penned them down years ago..What a Treasure to have in your possesion...She would have never thought they would be being shared to the world..as "The Many Thoughts Of Grace"....
Blessings to you and your husband..
The yard looks great by the way...
In Christ
Angelina

Dawn said...

Your mother looks like she was such a charming, funny, lovely gal!
I am so looking forward to reading your mother's diary, how fun! She never would have guessed it would be on something called a 'blog' someday. :)
Your table arrangement is so pretty, thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks also for your kind words on my last post. xoxo

Greyhaven Pines said...

Your mother is lovely and I can see some of you in her. :) I, too, am looking forward to reading her words.

Rose said...

Beautiful! It's looks like a glamour shot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails