Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Don't you just love spring???

Spring brings flowers which I love !!!! We got these today!!!!

We headed off to the Farmers Market this morning...it was slow, not too many vendors yet. Of course it is early to actually have much produce! There was rhurbarb (which I have at home) and radishes (which we don't eat, especially the big red ones.) So we got some homemade bread, and chips and salsa! Tom got a couple tomato plants (which I didn't take a picture of) while I bought some hen and chicks!! (love them!) and plan to put some in my new poka dotted planter! We also got some farm raised  hamburger, which we will be having tomorrow for dinner!!!! Yum...can't wait!!! We did some other running...mailed some packages, and ate out! smile...........

We went to Sam's Club and stocked up again on lots of stuff...including paper goods for our South Bottoms Reunion Committee. So the van was loaded for bear....as they say! Our last stop was at the Garden Shop! Don't you just love the name of the shop "Gracie Mae's Garden"???...Well, I loved the plants just as much!! Funny...our van was so full...and I wanted this planter...so said I'd carry it on my lap...as you can see in the lower left picture above, I could hardly see out the van's window...smile..........

Earlier in the day I found this 'snip n gro' planter...don't you just love it too??? All kinds of lettuce in a collander??? And all this for $5.00!!!! I just couldn't pass it up....smile.... If we don't eat a lot of lettuce from this I will still just love my new collander!!!! smile.....

We also got these two other BIG plants to put in our whiskey barrels!! Tom hopes to get them planted tomorrow before the rain!!! smile.... It is so fun to start planting again!!!! Glad you let me know about your plants that are blooming in your area. Now what are you planting?? Flowers or garden vegetables?? I'd love to hear!!

Hope you have a blessed evening...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"

September 16, 1936:
I was sick when I got up this morning. Threw up, stayed in bed till 10:00. Got a letter from Dorothy. She is engaged! Washed bed clothes. Mama went to aid. Ruth was over. Daryle and Madeline brought mama home from aid. Talked to Harold, he is sick too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens..........

4 comments:

Ella said...

Sadly I'm not planting anything right now. I'm living in an apartment. So there isn't much room to grow things! :D

Your plants are lovely! I love the collander planter!

God bless,

Ella

Betty said...

Ooh, I'm almost as excited as you, seeing all of those lovely plants:) Also the goodies from the market. Love the snip and grow planters...the colander is a good idea.
I was thinking that maybe Ella could have a plant in a pot on a windowsill or in her bathroom.
I'm busy pruning and tidying up at the moment.

Nellie said...

My husband has been busy in the vegetable garden already! We have picked lettuce, and spinach and kale "wintered over" for us. Also collards came through the winter. We have potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, corn, and soybeans planted. Oops! Forgot about the cantaloupe and watermelon. My husband truly enjoys gardening in the summer, and we often have enough for canning or freezing. I am actually most excited about the blueberries! It appears we will have what is called a
"bumper crop." We have different varieties of blueberries, and will be able to pick them from June throughout the summer. Also, there is some wild asparagus that is really doing well this year. We have set out 4 strawberry plants this season, but they will need another year or two before they produce fruit.

Your outing to the Farmer's Market sounds wonderful! We hope to go to ours this Saturday. There should still be some local strawberries, which I really love.:-)

Take care, Gert.

Linda Stubbs said...

Oh my that colander of lettuce is the cutest!!!!!!!! i want one......maybe I should just hop into my car and come your way.........dreamin again......nice dream though.

Hugs, Me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails