Holiday Candy Cane Pie Recipe
1 graham cracker pie crust (I used chocolate Oreo crust)
2 cups cold milk
2 boxes (4 oz) instant pudding (I used 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla)
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
crushed candy canes, mini candy canes, peppermint balls
Directions:
Pour 2 cups of milk into a bowl or measuring cup. Whisk in pudding about 2 minutes, mixture will be thick. Gently fold in 1/2 tub of Cool Whip (about 1 cup), mix completely. Spoon into crust.
Note: you can add crushed candy canes to the pudding mixture before adding it to the crust, or even crushed candy bars are great too. I kept mine plain because not all my boys like peppermint.
Place in fridge to set for about 5 minutes. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Place back in fridge for 4 hours. Garnish with candy canes or peppermint balls.
You can easily make this pie a day or two ahead. But DON’T add the candy canes until a few hours or right before serving, as they weep a little.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally got a picture of my candy cane pie...just before I cut it..smile... I told you I'd let you know if it was any good and yes it was!!! smile... Tom had two pieces...so you know it was pretty tasty!!! smile....
Tom spotted this Northern Flicker this afternoon at the feeder. Isn't he pretty??? God is amazing isn't he???
It was so funny...after lunch...Tom and Rusty took a much needed nap...lol Karen and I visited while the boys snored away...smile... After they woke up, the rest of the afternoon was spent visiting! No cards today...sad... But just sitting and talking with each other is worth so much more!
After Karen went home, we bundled up and headed out for our walk up the street and back!! I did better today and walked a little farther....smile.... I checked the temperature when we got back and it was 38 degrees out with a wind chill of 23!!! brrrrr ..smile...
What are you doing this New Years Eve?? We are watching a movie, while I put this post up!!!
Blessings and Happy New Year to all of you!!! Especially my friend Betty from down under where it is New Years already and they are havinig very warm temperatures...in the upper 90's...doesn't that seem amazing?? But I'm sure it is the same for her...to think about us lagging behind here in the states...while they are enjoying 2012....soon...I will see each and everyone of you in the new year of 2012!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"
February 20, 1937: Mr. Brown came after me to keep Molly Jean and clean the house. Did it need cleaning!
Bill J. went with Brown to the tournament. Lawton won! Mary came home with Mrs. Brown. Walton brought them. Brown had to deliver us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city..................




5 comments:
Dear Gert,
Thank you so much for your new year greetings and a special mention.
That pie does look delicious! (Love your candy cane lettering:)) I guess any biscuit crumb crust would be okay. I havn't seen graham crackers here. I think we have Oreos. Can't say I've seen Cool Whip but there may be an equivalent. I will look at the supermarket during the coming week.
Have a great New Year's Day! Wish I could send some of this heat your way:)
Just to wish you and yours a great New Year, Gert! That pie looks yummy! I think I would like the oreo crust. Will have to try sometime..
Oh what a great day!! Your guys seem so happy!
Happy New Year!
Hugs, Lisa
Hi there Gert...
Oh my, I must say that your pie looks great and the recipe explains why! Lots of good stuff in there...
Hope your New Years Day has been great
hugs.
Shug
Happy New Year to you, Gert! I will have to try that pie very soon. It sounds delicious! We still have some Christmas leftovers, though.:-)
Our New Year's Eve was spent at home as we were not eager to get out and leave the house. We worked rather hard here much of the day and cleared away much of our decorating. We will leave the Nativity sets out until Twelfth Night, which is this coming Thursday.
Thank you for your faithful commenting on my blog! I love to read them!
Post a Comment