We looked out the window this morning and this is what I saw...and to think I thought that tree had dropped all it's leaves...smile... But that's okay as I still like having some dressing on our trees..smile...
And then I saw this big boy...at the feeder. Isn't he HUGE?? He is a Northern Flicker...and guess what???
I looked again and there was another one...see him on top of the feeder? (and the other one it eating..)
Course the robins were enjoying the bird bath....smile...
Here is a proud one!!! smile...
I spotted Mr. Cardinal out on the patio...looking for some food...
I thought we had a real unique bird at the bath and I guess it was only a grackle...sad...
I was reading a friends blog, Gum Leaves, where she talked about her grandfathers chest. It made me think of my grandmothers rocker. This was in Grandma's attic for years, I noticed the arms are missing, but I don't think too much has been done to it in all these years. It's hard to read, but it was written in pencil.. Gertrude Martin, Dec. 25, 1899! Grandma was born in September 1898, so she would have been about 15 months old when she got this. Amazing isn't it, how items can live this many years??
We were really tired out this morning..so we watched church on TV, and listened to some wonderful gospel music we had taped earlier. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to the new month of October...








2 comments:
Happy First Day of October to you, Gert!
We don't have any trees that completely turned in color around here.
Have a peaceful, relaxing day!
xo Nellie
Those birds sure know where to come!
Great to see the old rocking chair and wonderful to have writing and a date still readable:)
Have a good week Gert.
hugs, Betty
Post a Comment