Have you ever had something by way of conversation start memories come flowing in? This morning I was reading The Rusty Thimble's blog post "The Birds are Singing"! She had a picture of a road runner on her post...and I said to Tom, this is so cool...have you ever seen one? He said 'no'! (Now me...the only one I'd ever seen was in a cartoon. smile...) He said, there was one in the movie "Songs of the South"! (which spurred my memories...)
I told him my story about the movie! When I was young, they use to put a coloring page in the newspaper when a children's film came to town. Kids would color them and send them into the paper and they selected a few that were good and sent "free" tickets to the kids to see the show. Well, low and behold, I won!! (yeah!! yeah!! yeah!!) Mom (Grace) took me up and dropped me off...I stood in line (which was a long one) for quite awhile...(my picture I colored was posted out front...so cute!!) I was told later I wouldn't have had to stand in line. ha..ha.. But remember..I was just a little girl...smile... Memories...sweet memories!!!!! We think we'll get this movie and relive it again...smile...
I put my little rabbits out for Easter...aren't they cute?? Do you see the rose on the one bunny? I made the dough out of white bread and Aleene's craft glue. I also used food coloring. I glued it to the back of the head, as you can see in the last photo. (This was back when I did lots of crafts..smile..)
These clouds were so pretty today... we had to go and get the oil changed in the van and this is what we saw!! smile..
Tomorrow, we've got another appointment with the therapist as I'm still really having problems with my hip. Which means 'up and at em' bright and early tomorrow morning...but I hope it's not as early at it was this morning... which was 4 a.m.!! sad... (I was hurting..)
I hope you had a wonderful day...
more as it happens here in the city......



5 comments:
Love your path down memory lane Gert so glad you enjoyed my post this morning
I will be out attempting many times to capture the road runners with camera in hand, although I seldom get pictures because they scoot away as soon as you get near!
Brenda
I wish I could wave a magic wand and take your pain away, Gert. Instead I'll pray for God's healing for you.
What a fun memory of winning the contest and seeing the movie for free.
Your little bunnies are so cute. You would never know that rose was not part of the bunny originally. You did a beautiful job on it. Blessings, Gert- I hope they can help you at PT tomorrow- xo Diana
Such a fun post....love that rose! How perfect for the little bunny and you really did do a great job at making it...
Praying for you and your hips...Hope the therapist can help to give you some relief..
have a great day.
I continue to send wishes for relief for your hip discomfort. No fun waking up before the birds!:-(
Have a good Friday!
xo Nellie
Those bunnies are the cutest things-why are bunnies and lambs seeming so innocent?
Love them both
I'll pray this therapy helps your pain and have a good weekend.
Post a Comment