Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yesterday and Today...

 
Yesterday, when I went to the dentist, and was sitting in the chair, I spotted this plant in the window! Isn't it beautiful?? I asked the girl about it and she 'thought' it was a "Lipstick Plant". But I looked it up and it's called an Anthurium Plant. Now speaking of the dentist office...they filled my tooth in such a short time, it didn't hurt at all. (Except the Novocain shot...smile..)

 
On our way home we drove by the Anderson Dance Pavilion. You can see the Pavilion in the background...(When Tom was working on it they use to call it the 'green jungle gym'!) Every year the city plants such beautiful flowers down there...

 
One day we'll get out and walk a little closer to get some better pictures of the flowers...the whole setting is so pretty. People use it for all kinds of occasions....weddings, walks, and church services, etc..

 
I spotted this carving, I'm sure it was done by a wood carver, who was at one of the events down there a few weeks ago!!
 
Today, my friend came up and did some 'fall' cleaning for us! She cleaned and we organized the fridge and freezer! Then to the cupboards...ha..ha... Boy, there sure was a lot of  'stuff'' that needed to be tossed.........good thing the garbage man came Monday....made room for me...ha..ha... But oh my, the cupboards and fridge are all clean! I'm loving it!! My friend is such an amazing cleaner and we really do appreciate her! Have you done any "Fall" cleaning??
 
Are you excited about the new fall television shows? Which are your favorites?? We watched Person of Interest and Survivor and a few others, (those are Tom's favorites) Nashville is on tonight and I love that show!
 
more as it happens here in the city...............

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful place that pavilion is, Gert. Just gorgeous. I am doing some Fall cleaning this next week because I have a house full of relatives coming from out East. I did get my fridge and freezer done a week or so ago. Felt good!!!

Hope you have a wonderful night. I am anxiously waiting for this Season of Downton Abbey to come on. I like Person of Interest, too. xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Sorry that first comment was mine, too...I posted twice by accident.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Love the park. Oh and the adorable birds on your header. I really enjoy your blog. Have a sweet blessed week.

Boopnut said...

I can imagine a wedding in the pavilion. Beautiful pics, Gert!
I have been cleaning my fridge, next the pantry goods. OLD stuff OUT! It's amazing what is hiding in the back of the fridge or cabinet. Had a lipstick plant but it died :(
Deb

Susie said...

Gert, Love the park pictures. Such a pretty setting. I love when I have cleaned my fridge and cabinets. It's unending...housework. Glad your dental appoinment went well. I have many more...for just one tooth, geech. Hope your day is filled with love. xoxo,Susie

Nellie said...

That Dance Pavilion is absolutely beautiful! I can see how it would be a popular choice for special events.

Our daughter was an "extra" for one of the shows for "Nashville" last season!

Have a good Thursday!

xo Nellie

Shirley said...

Good Morning, The Dance Pavilion is so pretty. I can see weddings and dances being held there under the moonlight. Would be so romantic. My fall cleaning had to wait until I got a custom order of tea towels done. They are owls going to the state of California. I haven't decided for sure what I am going to watch. I did watch the Voice. I am not much of a tv watcher just basically for noise in the house. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from a Missouri Friend

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails