Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Old Photos..


 
I was going through some old photos last night and came across a couple I thought I'd share with you. smile... We use to have a 5th wheel trailer, a boat and a boat lift on a lake. It was a lot of great times. At that time we had a Lhasa Apso puppy, named Bandit! Here he is out for a walk with me...smile.. Does this look like it snowed?? Nope, it's cotton...from the cottonwood trees! By the way, it does a real number on your fish line..ha...ha..

 
Here is the view from our deck. I loved this deck...Tom built it (I think for me..smile). We had the best view! As you can see from the previous photo, all the trailers were parked vertical to the lake, we were parked horizontal. We could either sit out on the deck or inside at our table and watch everything going on out there!!! At any rate, the ground was very rough and uneven, that is why he built the deck. I could just walk out the door to a very even surface! (Notice the wire? that was to keep Bandit from running off...ha..ha!)

 
Now for what I really wanted to show you...look at the mushrooms that were growing on the tree in front of our trailer. I've heard some say they are eatable but there was no way I was going to take the gamble..
 
When we were looking at these Tom said "don't  you wish we still had it?"  And yes, especially now, (being retired) it would be fun. But times change and we feel so blessed to have these wonderful memories!
 
Did you have a nice weekend? What did you do? We are looking forward to a busy week...doctors appointments...and just lots of stuff going on. That is good though. How about you?



 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

7 comments:

Betty said...

What a great post Gert! I love that deck that Tom made and the awning above would make it comfortable in the hot weather. The cottonwood trees are fascinating. They reminded me of a song we sing in our singing group "Don't Fence me In" Love the words and music of that song. I havn't seen a cottonwood tree. I'm just going to have to come to U.S.A. My education is lacking not having seen Blue Jays, Cardinals, Cottonwood trees etc. etc. :)
It's great looking back on photos of holidays to remind us of the good times and fun we had.
Take it easy, if you can.
Betty ox

TexWisGirl said...

what a nice view and great deck, too. i did think that was snow!

Nellie said...

It looks like you had the perfect things needed for a getaway! My hubby one had a fishing boat, but no longer.

A busy week ahead here for us, too. I send you good wishes as you begin your week.

Hugs,
Nellie

Boopnut said...

I miss camping with my sister and just looking at the outdoors and the trees and such. Oh well...memories.
Hugs,
Deb

Susie said...

Gert, Love seeing the photos. I miss things about my past also. I even miss working. I know that you and Tom still find fun things to do, visiting friends and eating out together. Watching the geese at the lake. Blessings to you both. xoxo,Susie

Beth said...

Looks like fun times, Gert! I too have precious memories of hobbies I used to enjoy.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I thought it was snow! It looks like a fun place to camp with a wonderful view. You have many happy memories of that time, I'm sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails