Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Where Did September Go???


This is at a mall in our area...so pretty!!
 
So how did your weekend go? We did a few things and also did nothing (like watching an old movie, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers!) what a great old show. Have you had those kind of weekends? Almost like...where did it go?? Reminds me of September...seems like we were just talking about ushering it in.
 
Saturday we made a nice dinner and baked a angel food, pineapple cake. It was so simple...just mix an angel food cake mix with a can of crushed pineapple. So easy, and yet so good!! Just put a dollop of Cool Whip on top! Yummmm
 
Sunday, we had company again. smile.. A couple from church came to see us and to see how we were doing! So thoughtful.. They are wonderful people, he has diabetes, last year he had to have his big toe removed. Now, he will have to have the next toe removed. He will be able to continue to walk, with special shoes.
 
Last night we went to a M.S. Seminar. My neurosurgeon was the speaker and did a wonderful job. Now here is another MS "pill". I believe lots of drug companies are making these pills. You know, the young people are wanting this and hoping to get away from the shots. I know they will be happy with it. Its amazing how far they are coming toward a cure. Anyway, it was good to get out, the weather was beautiful and so fallish!!
 
 
Today was fallish also, but in a rainy cool day way. Tomorrow is to be cooler yet...but it will be October won't it?? Tom has to wear a heart monitor for a couple days...so I'd appreciate prayers that the results will be positive..
 
Time for my shot...good night...
 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

4 comments:

Susie said...

Gert, That is good news about the MS meds. Hope they one day find a cure. I am wondering where September went also. It's darker longer now. Diabetes scares me for just that reason you wrote about...amputations. When I was a young girl, in a hospital ward, a family friends' mom was having her leg amputated and I only knew she had diabetes...so after that, I have always feared it. My daughters have it on their father's side of the family...you know how that works. My daughter Karen has it now..thank God she caught it in time to know to change her diet and be on a pill. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

TexWisGirl said...

good luck with the monitoring! i hope all will be well.

Shug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ida said...

Those flowers are so pretty. Sounds like a nice weekend. I love that movie. I should check to see if I can find it on a DVD.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails