Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

More Birds


 
I haven't seen these sparrows for a long time. They are pretty aren't they?? Or do you think its a finch?? I'm still learning what all these birds are. Anyone?? Let me know?
 
 
Just like these guys, I mistakenly said they were Red Breasted Woodpeckers, but I was told they are Northern Flickers! And yes that is what they are. I couldn't believe there were two of them at the feeders the other day. One was on the food, the other was on the suet!!

 
Now, I'm pretty sure this is a Red Bellied Woodpecker! He's also pretty isn't he??

 
Okay, enough about birds huh? Here we have a sunrise and a sunset the other day. Just another of God's works to make my day.!
 
It's December, can you believe it?? Where has this year gone??  I think we all wonder, don't we?? Yesterday, I went to my MS doctor for my 6 month check up, and had to wait almost 2 hours to see her. My blood pressure was off the charts!! So, I had to make an appointment right there with my regular doctor. They squeezed me in around 3, and had to wait about an hour to see him!! No wonder my blood pressure was high..lol So, now I'm on another pill!! Yikes!! But hopefully, it will work and get rid of these terrible headaches!!!
 
How is your week going??


 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

7 comments:

Betty said...

Good morning Gert!
Different birds from what we have here Gert. We have sparrows, but they don't have a red head and breast. Your birds are very pretty and you can see them so close from your window. I especially like the red Cardinals on snowy branches.
Your pretty pictures reminded me of the song in 'Fiddler on the Roof'
I'm sorry you have been suffering with headaches and hope the extra medication will help.
11.53pm on Thursday 4th here. Time for bed.

TexWisGirl said...

my b.p. would have been bad, too! i hope the meds help, though.

that looks like a male house finch in the first photo. :)

Shug said...

So sorry for the extra pill...please keep a good check on that BP. One of my pet peeves is the long waits in the doctors offices. Of course...if I need them to take extra time with me, then I appreciate their being so detailed..
Love the birdies...

Susie said...

Gert, My daughter told me I have white coat syndrome....where my BP will be higher from anxiety, at the drs. office. LOL. That is the only time it's high. The first bird is a purple finch..although they look more red....or so that is what my daughter the bird watcher tells me. Blessings to you and Tom for a nice weekend.xoxo,Susie

Terra said...

I think the first birds are purple finches or house finches. I can't find my Roger Tory Peterson bird ID book. We have these birds at our feeders too. I think the long wait at the doctor's office would raise anyone's BP. Did you give them a bill for the time you spent waiting? Ha ha, I have wanted to do that.

Annesphamily said...

Oh silly doctors! Why do they make us wait so? Anyone's bp would blow its stack! Goodness, hope you will be feeling much better soon. I wish I knew all the birds. We have two mourning doves that usually hang around in the warmer weather. A silly woodpecker was pecking at this awful little tree in my backyard and I said please take the silly tree with you Woody! My goodness, there are so many varieties of birds. Finally the bully pelican left the open spaces where I have walked each day since losing my job. He was such a meany to the other birds. Now the geese and black birds hang around with a few little sparrows. Oh those geese are mighty messy creatures. I have to dance along the pathways because they have dropped their messy goose poop everywhere. I wish you healthy improvements each day and many hugs.

Ida said...

So sorry to hear your BP was up. Hopefully the new meds will help.
Such lovely birds. I've not seen any of them around our area so it's always fun to see birds that we don't see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails