Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Baptisms

I have a friend who was going to her grandson's baptism this weekend. I told her to take some pictures so I could see. It reminded me of a time long ago (like 21 years ago. smile...) I've always taken pictures it seems. ha! Anyway, our granddaughter and grandson were baptized the same day. So, I was taking pictures of the two families. The camera I had, used rolls of film (remember them??) I always tried to use the 24 picture ones. But you would have to wait to use all of them to develop them. Anyway, I was snapping away and the camera went..zzzzzzzzzzzz (I had used all the film and it was rewinding!) Oh my gosh how embarrassing!! Father stopped and said, "We'll wait for you"...ha..ha..
 
Isn't it funny, how life stirs up memories for us??? God has given us such an amazing gift...memories! Be sure to enjoy them...as there are diseases that can steal them from us too. But that is just part of this life...
 
Glory be to God, as we pray for this little baby who was baptized this weekend and may he make lots of beautiful memories during his lifetime. amen...
 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how cute that the pastor waited on you. :)

Beth said...

Beautiful thoughts on a beautiful time from a beautiful lady! And yes, I remember those rolls of film. Technology has blessed us in many ways.
Hugs and blessings, Beth

Susie said...

Gert, What you said about memories is so true...Just you posting of baptizing makes me think of my grand kids getting baptized in the Catholic Church.. Jake was acting like he had ants in his pants and I was praying "let the calming love of Jesus be in that boy as soon as that holy water touches his forehead." LOL. Father Fred, an aging priest did the honors. So when Jake was old enough for his first communion, poor old Father Fred retired afterwards. I told Jake Father just could not take another round with Jake. LOL. Thank you for this time to remember. I too pray that the young baby has wonderful memories and a great life , loving our lord. Bless your heart. xoxo,Susie

Nellie said...

I'm reminded of the time we assumed the film was advancing as we kept snapping one after another. Turns out the gears were slipping in the camera, and we had no pictures! Very sad! Also, it would sometimes take awhile to complete taking that roll of 24! We would often not remember what was on the beginning of the roll.:-) xo Nellie

Boopnut said...

Oh, I remember those cameras oh too well! Remember the ones with the flash that would leave you seeing a blue dot?
Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails