Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Gert, & Rusty too...

Until we meet on the other side my love.......
 
My Tom passed away Saturday morning. We knew he was failing, just didn't expect it to be so soon. His heart just gave out. It was so big and beautiful, so hard to believe it stopped beating. He is now at peace and at rest with the Lord. He did not fear death and was ready when God called him Home.
 
I on the other hand would never have been ready to lose him. Just one more kiss, one more squeeze of the hand, just one more whisper.."you're so pretty" or "I love you"...
 
Our home is now full of family, caring, loving and doting after me. Soon, life will go on and I will be missing all of them...but especially my Tom.
 
Blessings.........

67 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am so, so very sorry, gert! what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful man. bless you.

NanaDiana said...

Aww..Gert--- I am bawling like a baby here! I know you weren't ready-how can anyone be ready for that type of loss? My heart aches for you. I know that Tom truly was your soulmate- the love of your life. God bless you. The only consolation is knowing that Tom is beyond all pain and suffering now- happy in his forever home with his Lord. I wish I lived closer so I could DO something for you. Instead, I will say some extra prayers for you and hope they wrap around your heart and soul and comfort you. Thank you for letting us know- I know it must have been a hard, hard post to write.
Take care of yourself. Love you, Gert. xo Diana

NanaNor's said...

Dear Gert, I doubt we are ever ready for losing a spouse, a soulmate, a beloved. I am so sorry for your loss-but heaven is richer with your Tom there. I am thankful that you have family surrounding you and pray that the you are comforted by our Lord and that His grace will cover you.
Hugs,
Noreen

Nellie said...

Oh, Gert! I am so very sorry to hear this! It is good that you have family surrounding you at this time, and my prayer is for you to experience the strength and comfort that comes from your faith! I truly wish I could be there, and I would be able to DO something for you! Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you! Hugs and blessings, Nellie

Susie said...

Dear Gert, You are in my thoughts and prayers. I feel like I have lost a brother. My heart feels broken.I know yours is . Please let me know if I can do any thing for you. I will pray for you and your family. Poor little Rusty. Gert, you are loved by many of us out here, as was Tom. Please accept my condolences . Hug the children for me. Love you, Susie

Beth said...

Gert, I am so sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs, Beth

Shirley said...

Gert, You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I cried when I read your post. I was praying that he was going to get better, but god had other plans. Family is always there at a time like this. I am sending you hugs and prayers for the strength that you need for yourself. Many hugs and prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley

NanaDiana said...

Dear Gert, I have not been blogging but I put up a prayer request for you today and told my readers about your loss. Once again, I am so so sorry. I "stole" three pictures from your blog to use on my blog. I didn't think you would mind. Hugs and love to you-Diana

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

I am so very very sorry for your loss; just read about it on Diana's blog. You will be in many bloggers thoughts, heart and prayers.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

You've given us all a reminder today of just how precious life is. I'm a better person today because of you and your loving husband.

Jackie said...

My sincerest sympathy on the passing of your precious husband.
May the peace that passes all understanding completely surround you.
Your Sister in Christ,
Jackie

JennyD said...

Oh, Gert, I am so, so sorry. This past year that I've been following you, I could always see and hear the love you and Tom shared. It was very apparent that you and he were meant to be. To lose the one you love from this life is not an easy thing. Everything changes and for a while we feel almost as if we can't go on. But it's that very love that ends up being what keeps us going because when it's so full as yours is for Tom, then it can't help but overflow to others. Good people, such as yourself, fill that hole with allowing others to console and help them and then in turn to fill up the space with helping others. That's you, Gert. It shows in every word you write about Tom and every word you write about your family. You were and are blessed because he has only stepped through the door and will be waiting for you when it's your turn. Love, real love like yours and Tom's, never dies.
I add my prayers for you and your family, and you will be in my heart along with all of us here on Blogger. What a treasure you are, Gert. Be sure and give Rusty a little added attention because he knows the loss, too. You will be very good for each other.
Gert, your post was truly the most beautiful and loving of words. I for one, will never forget it and really hope you keep writing. We're all here and love you.

Pam Kessler said...

I am so sorry, Gert! I'll be praying for you!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Oh, dear Gert, I am so sorry! I wish I could be there for you. You are a strong, dear woman that I have come to know through Susan Branch. Please know that you will have many, many girlfriends praying for you and your family. Hugs to you, my friend. ♥

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Dearest Gert I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you now. Praying for strength to get you through the days ahead and to ease the pain of your loss.
In loving memory for your Tom, God Bless
Liz

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Gert, I do not know you or ever had the pleasure of meeting your beloved, but I wanted to say how sad I was to hear of your loss! But your picture of him waving goodbye touched my heart deeply! I know you will miss him for the rest of your days! But one day you will see each other again and you will be together always with your Dear Lord Jesus!
I will be praying for you and your family!
Hugs, Roxy

Susan Branch said...

Ohhhh, crying crying crying, dear Gert. I'm so sorry. No man could ever be missed more than your beloved Tom will be. I've so loved learning your love story over the years on Twitter. I know he is safe in heaven, but it's you I'll be thinking about. Sending love to you and your family. Words fail me. xoxoxo Susan

Stacey said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Gert. My heart is breaking for you not because I met your husband but because I love mine so much that I can't imagine how it must feel. Prayers for you and your family.

Boopnut said...

My sympathy and prayers go out to you, dear Gert. Please continue to keep in touch.
Your friend,
Debbie

a writing place said...

Came over from NanaDiana's blog.

Wishing you peace, in this time of sorrow...

Gentle hugs,
Tessa

BECKY said...

I am praying for you Gert, and you have my deepest, heartfelt sympathy in your loss, sweetie. May God bathe you in His peace and comfort, and give you strength. Know that He alone knows all you are going through, and He will always be there for you.
Hugs and Love,
Becky

Simply LKJ said...

Gert,
I remember Diana asking for prayer for Tom and you awhile back. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. May God surround you with his love, peace and protection as you mourn the loss of your sweet love. May Tom live on in your sweet memories and photos of him. I know Rusty will miss his dad as well, but I am glad you have him for companionship.
Much love,
Lauren

Julia said...

Gert, I'm visiting your blog from Diana's blog on this very sad day to offer my prayers and condolences for Tom. I pray that God will grant you strength to continue your earthly journey gracefully even though Tom is now gone from your sight. He'll live in your heart for ever in spirit.
Hugs,
Julia

Betty said...

I just came over from Diana's blog. I am so sorry to hear about your Husband. My prayers are with you and the family.

Ida said...

Gert, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I read this news. My heart goes out to you as you grieve the loss of Tom. I know words often seem to be hard to find at times like these. I wish I could be there to give you a hug but I know you have family/friends with you to do that. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you transition to life without Tom. God loves you & so do I.

Sylvia said...

God will give you the strength and courage to go on, put your trust in Him. Tom will be waiting for you!
You are in my prayers!

Visiting from Nana Diana takes a break!
Sylvia

Bonnie Schulte said...

Gert, when I saw the picture of your husband Tom, waving good-by, I just knew, and I started to cry, and even tho I don't know you, it still breaks my heart to read your words. You have my deepest sympathy. Hugs to you and your family..Bonnie in WI

Unknown said...

Peace be with you. Prayers for you during this hard time!

Tammy said...

Sending blessings of peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Unknown said...

Dear Gert. I am so sorry for your loss and LOVE. I am visiting from Diana's blog and crying as I write this. Your Tom sounds like your soulmate and you will always remember the wonderful times you had together. God Bless

Margie's Musings said...

I am so sorry, Gert! I visited Diana's blog and learned of your tragic news. I went through that sorrow five years ago myself and know how heartbreaking it can be. You are in my prayers.

Debby said...

I am so sorry about your husband. Hugs

Carla said...

Gert,
I just read about your husband on Nana Diana's blog. I am so very sorry for your loss but I see you know you will see him again with our heavenly father. I pray God gives you peace.

Carla said...

Gert,
I just read about your husband on Nana Diana's blog. I am so very sorry for your loss but I see you know you will see him again with our heavenly father. I pray God gives you peace.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hello Gert. I am so sorry for your loss and for Rusty's loss too. The picture of your loving husband standing and waving good by is such a tribute to all that I have read about him and such a wonderful keepsake for you. It sounds like you have a very loving and supportive family around you, and with your sweet little dog, time and proper grieving and faith will carry you through. Judy

Debbie Harris said...

Hello Dear Gert,
I have come to visit you through Nana Diana, and so happy to have found you, though it is over your loss.
That photo of your dear husband is precious beyond precious. It sounds as if your life together was wonderful Gert, what a glory to God.
May you find rest in the arms of our Dear Jesus, in the coming days ahead. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, dear one.

Love and hugs, Debbie

chubmoma said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I have been following you for a few months. I could always tell by the sweet posts you made how much you all loved each other. May God give you comfort and strength.

L Bartels said...

Loss is so so hard. Keeping you in prayers. With time your heart will heal. When you are feeling better, when you are just going about your day to day activities you may see a beautiful butterfly flit by. That's your Tom keeping watch over you. I belive this with all my heart. I have butteflies visit me often. Those are the best days. Take care from a friend you didn't know you have.

bj said...

Oh, Gert...I just came home for a 3 day trip and saw this. I am so so sorry...we are never, ever ready...and your love for him jumped right off the page with ea post you shared with us.
Blessings to you and all the ones you and Tom love....

Jan Hermann said...

Gert, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you and Rusty will miss Tom very much. Hugs to both of you...
Jan

Nonnie said...

Oh Gert. I am visiting from NanaDiana. I am so sorry to read of your loss and your post brings tears to my eyes. I have experienced the loss of a spouse too and so I understand and hear what you are saying. Just one more kiss, just one more ... May the Lord comfort you and guide you in all the days ahead. The picture of your husband is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Dear Gert,

You are being lifted to our Lord for His comfort and strength. I am so very sorry for you loss.

Much Caring,
Lily

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I came over from Nana Diana's blog. I have heard about you through Diana, and Tom was in my prayers. i am so sorry that his heart gave out. You and your Rusti must go one.
Take care of yourself Gert and once again, I am so sorry.
Hugs,
Mary

Rose L said...

Losing your beloved soul mate is very difficult. i lost my husband 3 years ago--he was 56 and I had just turned 60. I had 37 years with my beloved. It takes a while to actually realize they are gone. I pray you will feel his love always with you.

Cecilia said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Tom. My heart goes out to you. I hope you know you will be lifted up in prayer in the following days. I am praying for God's peace and comfort for you, Gert.
Hugs,
Cecilia

tammy j said...

oh darling gert and beloved little rusty.
look at all the love here pouring out to you.
my tears are streaming.
sometimes life on this planet is simply too hard.
you have your faith and the memories of this great man to hold close now.
and the silky ears of dearest rusty to catch your tears.
God bless you dear one.

Gypsy Heart said...

Gert, my heart goes out to you and Rusty. I am so very sorry for your loss. I know Tom is with our Lord and will always be watching over you. May God cover you with strength, peace and love. I wish there was a way to physically help but please know there are many, many prayers lifting you up.

xo
Pat

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Oh, I am so sorry, Gert. I have been away from blogging for a week or so and just read about Tom. Tears are running down my cheeks as I type this. Your love for Tom was always evident in each post you wrote. I love the photo of Tom standing in the doorway waving. He has left to go to a better place but has left behind much love and memories. May your love and memories comfort you and the love of your family and Rusty, too. Also, know that your blogging friends are thinking of you and praying for you. Love, Cheryl

Unknown said...

Hi Gert,
I came here from NanaDiana's blog...and just wanted to tell you that I was thinking of you and wanted you to know that I am just so sorry for your loss.
I am so glad that you are surrounded by family and friends and that you have such a good support system!
Keeping you in my prayers!
Big Hugs, Kimberley

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, dear Gert, I am so truly sorry. I cannot imagine your pain.

I am glad you believe in God and heaven, because it gives us hope to see lost loved ones again.

Peace be with you during this sad and difficult time. Blessings.

Sending you a blogger-friend hug. ♥

Unknown said...

Lifting you up in prayer

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Dear Gert, my hearts breaks for you. One is never ready to let go. Difficult to understand the why's sometimes. May you and Rusty be blessed as you live your lives without your beloved Tom. Prayers and healing thoughts. Hugs, Linda

Melanie said...

Dear Gert ~ I am a friend of Diana's from her blog and I saw her post about your husband. I am so, so sorry for your tremendous loss. We are never "ready" to lose a loved one, even if that loved one is ill and we know death is knocking at the door. When I read your words about one more kiss, one more squeeze of the hand, one more I love you...it made me cry. Words like that make it really hit home that I need to appreciate my husband (we've been married 31 years) more. May you feel the love and support of your family, friends - and yes, even those of us out here in Blogland - as you mourn the loss of your husband. God bless you and keep you in his care.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I am a blog friend of Diana's, and I am so sorry for your loss. I've been praying for both you and Tom ever since Diana shared your health struggles a few months ago. I know that Tom is at peace, and those are the words that everyone will say to you; and while those are words of comfort, they won't mend your broken heart. Only time and God's gentle hand will help you heal, but a part of your heart will always be missing.

Warm hugs,
Carol

A Joyful Cottage said...

Dear Gert,
After reading Diana's post about Tom's leaving for his eternal home, I came over to say you are in my prayers. "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26 Gentle hugs, Nancy

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Prayers for you and Rusty and Gentle hugs from Texas.

Tete said...

Big hugs for you and your family. I am so sorry that the love of your life had to cross over without you. Its not fair being the one left on this side, but there is a reason. I have no clue what that is, but God does and he will take care of you.
Know that so many are praying for you. NanaDiana can spread the word faster than a wild fire in CA. She is a great soul to keep us all informed of things like this going on. I love your photo on this post. Peace to you and strength to do what you must in these days of pain and numbness.

Richella said...

Dear Gert, I came to visit by way of NanaDiana's, who let us know of the passing of your dear Tom. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I am grateful that you had such a wonderful man to love and who obviously loved you. May you be strengthened by your many good memories of him and the knowledge that you will see him again. God bless you!

Kay G. said...

I also saw this on Nana Diana's blog. I am sorry for your loss. I love the photo of Tom standing in the doorway with the big smile waving good-bye. Remember "good bye" is really "God be with ye", that is good to remember!
Peace of the Lord be with you.

Lucille said...

You don't know me but I read about your loss on Nana Diana's blog. My sincere condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. It must be so painful to lose someone you are so attached to. I will pray for you for nine days, for the Lord to restore your strength and to keep you strong with the knowledge that He is there with you every step of the way. So very sorry for your pain. Life has its difficult phases that we have to walk through but knowing that the Lord is there with us makes them so much more easier to bear. How much harder it would be if you did not have Him. I am so happy that you have your faith. It is a treasure!

Shug said...

Dear Sweet Gert......I just read this news this evening and I really had to re-read what I had read. I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Tom. Bless your sweet heart. Prayers for you dear friend. I'm thankful to have known Tom through your postings. Hugs to you..
Shug

Julie H said...

Dear Gert,
I am here from Nana Diana. I have followed you for some time, but heard of Tom from Nana Diana. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Tom. You two have always been an inspiration for me. I am crying and praying for you dear Gert. I pray that you will feel the love and comfort of our heavenly Father. I pray for peace when you lay down at night. Love, Julie H from Michigan

Anonymous said...


Hello Gert,

Just a little note to say I have been walking with you this week in my prayers. I know this is so hard but am asking God for strength for you.

Love,
Lily

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Dear Gert... visiting you here from NanaDiana's blog, and just wanting to let you know that you and sweet little Rusty are in our prayers... what joy it is to know that your precious Tom is in the arms of Jesus, but it is you that stand in need of prayer, you with the loss of your loved one. Praying for you that the comfort and memory of the beautiful life lived with him will bring smiles to your heart in the midst of your sorrow, and praying for the Lord to be with you in the days ahead!

bj said...

...praying and thinking about you tonight, Gert....sending love to you, my dear friend.
xo bj

bj said...

Dearest Gert...I so so hope the sun shines for you today.
Love, bj

Annesphamily said...

Dear Gert, I am so very sorry for your loss. Tom was your other half and I know the two of you had many wonderful years together. I will continue to pray for you and thank you for sharing your beautiful tribute of Tom here. May God graciously bless you as you journey through these difficult days. Hugs, Anne xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails