It is so cold and yet..look at my shamrock plant! It is blooming in spite of that cold window behind it!! I know it's kind of hard to see..but the bloom is sprouting out to the right..
We have been having such beautiful sun rises. Makes it all worth getting up early!! Ha!
So pretty, huh??
And this one, I think was my favorite!
I did get to see the super moon...but it was too cold and snowy for me to step out at night and shoot it. I would have been in soooo much trouble if I had done thst! My kids would have really scolded me...lol But, I know better anyway... Did you see it? Or take any pictures??
I did make the soup today. I used the breast from a rotisserie chicken (boy they've gone up in price!!). I will make chicken noodle tomorrow and use the chicken up! I plan on freezing most of the soups. Makes for a nice meal any day for me! I love soup year round. How about you? Do you like it only in the cold months? Do you have a good chicken noodle soup recipe? The one I have, Tom and I changed it up a little to fit our tastes.
(I forgot to get a picture of my soup today...by the time I got my laundry and exercise finished and made the soup....I was starving... ha!) So I am very tired tonight! (And by the way..I added the can of green chiles, which made it 8 Can Soup..if you don't want to add them that's fine too.) Here is the recipe.
8- Can Chicken Taco Soup
1 can (10 oz) Enchilada sauce, green (use ½ or all)
1 can (12.5 oz) chicken breast -drained and flaked *
1 can (15 oz) Black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) Sweet corn, drained
1 can (14.5 oz) Tomatoes, petite diced
1 can (14 oz.) Chicken broth, low-sodium
1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
½ tsp. Chili powder
1 packet Taco seasoning
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp. Garlic powder
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream and avocado.
*Notes:
Use 1 ½ cups of your own shredded chicken if that’s what you prefer.
Bye for now🍲
4 comments:
Good morning, Gert! I am so happy to find your blog. You take amazing pictures! I had to sit and soak in the beauty of your header. It reminds me of where I am from.........close to Hillsboro, Ohio.
So you are a soup lover! Well, me too! I could eat it everyday of my life, but soup doesn't go over with the men in my house. Because of my pain, they have had to cook for themselves, and that is a good thing. I continue to eat my soup. LOL!
Stay warm and stay safe! Blessings to you! Cher from Winds of Life.
Most of the time I prefer soup in the colder months. The Chicken Taco soup sounds pretty tasty.
Gert, I am trying to catch up with my blog families posts. That soup sounds so good. I love soup anytime of the year. But a bowl of soup or stew in winter is the best. Your fudge in the previous post looked so yummy . Rusty looks content with his new toy pal. Stay warm and safe my dear friend. 70 days till spring, you know it will be here in a wink. Hugs to you, blessings too, xoxo, Susie
Oh, that soup sounds good! I love soup anytime! Easy peasy and so good and filling!
Post a Comment