Remember last Saturday I had intentions of going to a baby shower, for my best friends daughter, but due to the stairs in the building where they were holding it I wasn't able to go??? Well, today they came to us...smile... How exciting that was...Ariah Christine is such a good baby!!!!
Even Tom thought she was a precious....little sweetheart!! I held her for a long time... and she just slept and slept. She is a month old and weighs a little over 10 lbs... precious...........
Then we had to get out in the 'heat' and take a picture! I know....with heat index's of around 105 degrees and actual temps of 94....you've got to wonder why we would have to get out at this exact time!! Our iOWA magazine asked it's readers to participate in a photo shoot! At exactly 3 p.m. all around the state of Iowa people were snapping pictures of things that were happening in their neighborhood!!! Won't it be fun to see all those pictures??? If they get enough, they may make a book of them... Actually, this isn't the picture we submitted, but was taken a little afterwards.. smile... from the same area!! And actually...Tom took the picture, while I sat in the air conditioned car. smile.... One of my very favorite articles in this magazine is "Amish Farm Wife's Diary", the minute I get it...I have to read her article... If you like really good, interesting and beautiful magazines, be sure and check out "Our iOWA" magazine!! What kind of magazines are your favorites???
more as it happens.....
3 comments:
Oh Gert..Those are SWEET visitors...How sweet of them to come to you and share that adorable baby with you and Tom...He looks like such a natural with babies.. : ) That picture is beautiful..and how SWEET of Tom to snap it for you while you..to be sure you were comfortable.. : )
Blessings
Angelina
Hi there Gert (and Tom)...what a precious little visitor. Happy that you all enjoyed this special time with your guest...
This is a good picture, but I'm guessing this is some of the flooding?
I sometimes think that I am addicted to magazines. The good news is that I don't buy them..My mother-in-law does, and she shares with me...
Happy Sunday evening, Gert! It sounds like you had some special visitors on Saturday. How thoughtful of them to come for a visit.
Magazines! I'm sure I subscribe to far too many.:-) Hobby Farm Home, Good Housekeeping, Living, Everyday Food, then my Response and New World Outlook which are the UMW publications. That isn't even all of them!
Are the flood waters receding any at all?
All our "guests" have returned to their own homes, so things have quieted down some around here, just in time for a busy week ahead.:-)
Post a Comment