We slept in this morning after our late night. I was still in my jammies this morning when the door bell rang!!! Since I was in the other room...I heard Tom say "Hi Jerry".. then Tom hollared at me to come out...that there was someone here that I would be excited to see. I thought ...what?? Did you forget I was in my jammies??? So, I peeked around the corner...and saw my number 2 boy kid!! smile... Jerry is one of my son's best friends, he was always around the house when they were young and I'd call him that!! So big ((hugs)) were in order...even in my jammies...ha What a lovely surprise this was!!!
He is driving a cement truck and our neighbor was pouring a driveway...so Jerry was waiting for his turn to unload his cement!! Isn't God good?? Sure helped me start my day with a great big smile....
Yesterday, we went to a bar-b-que restaurant for lunch and fun!! So, I decided to wear my Red cowboy hat!! smile... Some of the other ladies had the same idea! Great Red Hat Minds thinks alike...
And then of course as you all know...we headed for a long afternoon and evening..................at the hospital.... I think we finally made it to bed around 11:30 p.m. Now you know why we slept in this morning!!!
Our weather has been fallish today!!! The temps weren't too bad...upper 50's but then the wind is out of hand. Upper 30 mph gusts, from the south!! Kind of funny... I read Linda Stubb's blog who lives in Kansas, said she too is having strong winds down there. And....someone commented on her blog from Missouri and they too are having those bad winds.... Wonder where that wind is coming from??? Texas??? smile... What is your weather doing today??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"
January 2, 1937:
Lawerence called me this morning. Washed 11 diapers. Cleaned all the house. It has been a blizzard today.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------more as it happens here in the city..........




3 comments:
What a busy day for you.........praying that the Lord will keep you safe my sweet friend.
Love the pic of you........you are adorable my friend!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs from the farm,
Linda
What a lovely surprise for you to see your friend Jerry! I'm sure it brought back many memories.
You and your red hat ladies are so sweet. They look like a great bunch:)
Not much wind here today Gert., just warm and cloudy today with a thunderstorm and rain predicted for tonight. It's 1.55pm on Sunday afternoon here.
Oh Gert what a blessing...It sounds as though you had a Lovely day... Your Red Hats are Delightful... Praying that all continues to go well... Blessings to you this weekend
Post a Comment