Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sweet Lorelai came visiting....

                             
Our company today was the BEST....sweet little Lorelai came to visit!!! She is so precious!!! Here she is in her 'trick or treat' costume!!  Yes, she is a tootsie roll...darling? or what?? smile....

I got the privilege to feed her a bottle!! Afterwards her grandma Vicky took over and got to burp her...smile.. Is she a ham or what???

Now look at her...doesn't she just have the most beautiful eyes??? smile... she was trying to talk, I did get a little of it on our video cam.. It's new so I need to figure out how to upload them and possibly put one up on YouTube! My next project...smile...



 I decided after lunch to bake some Custard!  This is the easiest recipe I've ever made. So if you like custard....you must give it a try!

All you need is milk, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg...

Bowl, whisk, custard cups and cake pan

Mix, pour in cups, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. pour hot water in cake pan and bake!

 Take out of the oven and place on rack to cool.

Baked Custard

2 eggs
2 C. milk
1/3 C. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
Dash ground cinnamon
Dash ground nutmeg

In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Pour into 4 ungreased 8oz custard cups, sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg. Place in a 13 x 9 pan. Pour 'hot' water in pan to a depth 1/2". Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool on rack. Serve warm or chilled. Store in fridge.

Easy and Simple? Yes, that is how I'm living my life today...taking it easy... I woke up a few times in the night with a severe headache...then finally around 5 a.m. we got up!! Oh ya..it's a change of time today. So now it's 4 a.m. (yikes)!! Oh well, the Tylenol did help. smile... But the visit from Great Granddaughter Lorelai...really helped. smile...

Hope you had a blessed SONday....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"

January 3, 1937:
Washed 3 diapers and baby clothes. Fried hamburgers. Made a cake. Lawerence went to Sergeant Bluff. Marilyn has cried almost all day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city...........

2 comments:

Betty said...

Oh Gert, Lorelai is a little sweetheart!
Sorry you havn't been 100%. Hope the week ahead is a much better one and that you'll have lots of good sleeps and good times.

Helen said...

In the last photo of the baby - her eyes are smiling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails