To have a true friend you've never met is unique I think! Even though, I know we meet people via Facebook & Twitter etc. in this day and age...it's not the same....as to form a 'special' bond and to become very close friends like my beautiful Jane and I have done. I received a card this week from her son...thanking us for remembering him and his new wife on their wedding day and this brought to mind what a special, special friend her and her family have come to be over the years.
Back in 1997, I was diagnosed with MS and got my first home computer, so I could work part of the day from home. (I had great employers) I went online looking for others who were on the same drug I was. This is how I met Jane! I remember how exciting it was to have an e-mail from her! Soon, we were sending e-mails to each other everyday!! We would open up to each other just like very close friends who have known each other forever would do!! smile... We watched our kids and grandkids grow and change!! Lately...we saw her youngest son get married and she has seen us become 'great grandparents'...smile...
They had a dog, a black lab, we got a Lhasa Apso which we named "Bandit", with her help. smile... She was there for us seven years later when Bandit passed away. Her dog also passed away...but......
this is her new puppy "Bella"! Isn't she adoreable?? And I know she will be great company for Jane. Her son and his new wife helped pick Bella out! smile...
Well, life is funny....Jane and I have known each other for 14 years now and I think we both know as much about each other as if we've known each other all our lives...smile... We bless each other, we pray for each other and we know we are always there for each other...even though we've never met! To me that is what a friend is all about even though we're 900 miles apart!!
Things here are about the same, I went back to the Dr. yesterday, he changed my medicine a little. The swelling went down some today. So that is promising...smile... I go back tomorrow and see if the change in my meds has improved anything.
Blessings...and good night everyone... and good night Jane.........smile........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:
This is a nice story. I am happy for you to have that friendship.
How wonderful to have such a friend as Jane. You are fortunate indeed. Lovely wedding photo.
Hope things start improving for you soon Gert. Do you have to keep off your feet all of the time?
Thinking of you.
Betty
This is beautiful....A friendship made by God!
How special....
Blessings,
shug
Post a Comment