I'm not sure about you, but when I receive a gift I normally "thank" my giver either in person, phone or by mail! I try never to over look giving 'thanks'...I'm sure you are the same way...but how often do we, me especially, forget to thank our Lord for all he gives us...family...life and freedom to worship Him!! Yesterday we went to church in this fog! It looks much better here as the day went along... Yesterday would have been my mother's (Grace) birthday.. she would have been 94....sadly she only lived to be 73 (due to brain cancer) But I still think of her and wish her a "Happy Birthday" in Heaven and 'thank' our Lord for giving me such an amzing mother.....
This morning we woke up to a 'white' 'white' world, no not snow....but frost, the trees were all covered with it and it was beautiful! Isn't our God amazing???
As the day progressed, the sun came out, the skies turned so 'blue'...later however, the wind blew a little and as I looked out the window, it looked almost like it was snowing out....smile...as this frost started to loosen up it fell from the trees.
Today was busy...while Tom went to the store I cleaned a little...(vacuumed as a matter of fact...smile...) I started to exercise again....but decided to slow down and not do as much as I was doing before. I got very sore in about a week, but I was pushing it too fast.
I hope you are having a good week! Blessings and good night everyone!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"
March 14, 1947: Went to church. Madeline was in a swell humor. Mrs. Crabb hugged me. Went to grandma's for dinner. Ernest and Hazel came a little while. Dad came after me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city...........



2 comments:
Your Mother sounds like a lovely lady.
It is wonderful that you have her diary....I very much enjoy reading it. I still miss my Mum and think of her often.
Such wonderful scenes from your window, Gert. Hope you are taking it easy now and that you will have a great day today. Keep warm!
This has certainly been a very different winter, hasn't it, Gert? We had some frost this morning, with temperatures about 20 degrees colder today than yesterday!
Enjoy your Tuesday!
Post a Comment