Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Lorelai is now 5 months old!


Just had to start this posting with our little Lorelai's 5 month picture! Isn't she just the sweetest?? And such a happy baby!! ...smile... "Precious"...


Sorry I've been missing for the last couple of days....I wasn't feeling very well the other day...and just couldn't get on here and tell you that... (not exactly what you'd want to hear right??) But the next morning...I was doing better...smile... We spotted this little Woodpecker at the feeder...doesn't he look like he's really going after that food??

So thankfully...since I was feeling better, yesterday was great, we spotted this beautiful cardinal waiting his turn at the feeder. Last night we went to a MS Seminar at Bev's on the River. The speaker Dr. Shaffer, was probably one of the BEST we've ever heard. He is a neurologist that specializes in MS. He put a humorist twist to it which was refreshing...we finally heard the rest of his story by the end of the seminar, he too has MS! He was from Greeley, Colorado and joked about the fact that marijuana was legal in that state... smile... His tongue and cheek comments were interesting and as well as humorous! During all of this, we were served a delicious dinner, consisting of a nice dinner salad, chicken breast, smothered in a sauce made with spinich, potatoes, and steamed vegetables. As I've said, Dr. Shaffer was so interesting that they just continued to ask him questions and get very knowledgeable answers. We got home later than usual. So...again no time to blog!


We ran some errands this afternoon and saw this accident but still don't understand how it happened!!

This morning Tom ran to the store, and while he was gone I decided to use up the milk we had in the fridge and make some Custard!!! I was rushing to get it done...first...trying to find the recipe...and remembered I had put it on my blog...so found it and quickly wrote a couple things down...(meantime Rusty wanted out..) then washed my hands again, gathered everything I needed, whisked it all together..(heard Rusty barking outside..so had to bring him in) washed my hands again...smile....I remembered I had to put them in a water bath..but wasn't really sure if I had to add "hot" water or regular water. So back to the computer and had to look the recipe up again..(I didn't write that part down..smile..) They turned out wonderful and looked so yummy! We decided to have one this evening and the first thing Tom said was...there is something terribly wrong with this! I thought he was joking..(he does that every once in awhile!) However, once I took a bite, I knew he was right! I had left out the sugar....yuck... lesson learned from now on...make sure you have the recipe in front of you before you start to cook or bake anything...smile... (This reminded me of the first time I made meringue for a chocolate pie...I forgot the sugar then too... smile... I think I was about 15 or 16 years old.) How about you...have you ever made a 'boo--boo' when you were cooking or baking??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"

March 19, 1937: Mrs. Lines came this morning. She stayed for dinner. Abe came, Mr. Davis came and took dad to Salix to sign "ground allotment." Dad and Abe went to look at cows. Mama and Mrs. Lines went to visit Days. It snowed hard.

March 20, 1937: I cleaned up the house. Bill was down to see if his mother could ride to town with us. He brought me a magazine. Mama and Faye went to Luton. Melvin, Elaine, and Cecil came tonight. Went to show. Ate supper at the "Dixie". Got home 1:30.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city............

5 comments:

Betty said...

Lorelai is such a sweet little girl and looks very happy and healthy.
Looks like you are hemmed in a bit with that accident Gert! Very puzzling the way that car is angled!
Yes, same as you, I left the sugar out when I was making fruit loaves, however there was plenty of dried fruit in them and I used them as a sweet with custard and ice cream:)
Good to read that you are feeling better now. Hope you are keeping warm. I see there is a bit of sun about. Have a good week-end.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Lorelai is a beautiful baby..and I had to laugh, as I too have forgotten ingredients a few times...usually when I am distracted with someone talking while I am preparing....always better to print out the recipe and check before moving onto the next step.....once I made a sugar free chocolate pie and forgot the sweetner...yuck!

Anonymous said...

Gert- First let me say Thank you for the Valentines Card-- very sweet of you!! It made my day!! I don't think you are the only one forgetting things!!! I am forever in a day forgetting something in a recipe!! The other day I was making cupcakes for my sons school party- and forgot the eggs... funny considering we have chickens and are always overflowing with eggs-- but sure enough... I put the cupcakes in the oven and started to wipe the counters and 3 eggs sit untouched... oopppssss... had to drive 24 miles and get more flour to REMAKE them... the chickens did enjoy the hard blobs that should have been cupcakes!! Thanks again for the beautiful card!! Tanya Ruckman

Shug said...

Geez...ti
me passes quickly. It is hard to believe that she is already 5 months old...she is an absolute doll!!

Nellie said...

Yes, Gert. I have left out the sugar before. We couldn't decide what was wrong with it for the longest time!:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails