Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Hit a Thousand.....

Tom went out early this morning to water all the plants and the garden before the heat of the day! When he came in he had his shirt full of Sweet 100's...smile They are so good, much better than the ones I had earlier. The skins are not as thick! Yum...yum...

Afterwards, we went down to exercise and stretch. I always exercise on my step machine...and today, I 'stepped' 1,000 steps in 10 minutes! Yeah! Normally, I was at around 700, so I've been 'stepping' it up! (no pun intended!!

This afternoon we headed to a seminar on the drug I take for my MS. They have a new injector available instead of using that 'big long' needle...smile.. I think I will like using it...but still have to play with it for awhile. (They have sample injectors to try out, without the medication of course.) When we were heading home, these were the clouds we saw...and had a few sprinkles..sad... South of the city did however get a nice rain...so that was good for them, as we all need it.


Tom had spotted this little 'scooter' at the grocery store a few times and today he saw the owner!! smile... Cute isn't he??

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend...ours is HOT and tomorrow is to be worse...so we will be watching church on TV! 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"

April 30, 1940: I washed today. It was so cold, I just about froze. Also ironed. Baby went to sleep early. James and Granddad brought Dad home!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city......

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I am so glad that it sounds like the new injector system for your MS will work for you. That is a good thing.

It is hot here, too, but we are headed 120 miles south to my daughter's house for an outside party...which I am dreading because of the heat...for my grandson's 3rd birthday and my sil's master's degree graduation celebration.

I hope you stay inside and stay cool tomorrow- xo Diana

Betty said...

Sure hope the new injector will work for you. I'm sure anything to make it easier would be great.
Congratulations on your 1,000 steps. You are amazing Gert.!
Enjoy your yummy tomatoes and keep cool.

Susie said...

Gert, You did very well on the stepper. Going to learn about your meds is very wise. You will be eating lots of tomatoes for a while. Smiles, Susie
p.s. Grace is writing about chores, my gosh that looks like my desk calender...some days are just chores.zzzz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails