Oh I told you I would share with you what has been going on with us over the last few days! smile... We had an 'amazing' weekend! My cousin Glendena and her husband Richard came to visit! It had been a few years since we'd seen each other, but just like in our younger days, it seemed just like yesterday. We had such a nice time.
They came bearing gifts!!! smile... Richard makes lawn ornaments and did this one for me. (Notice the red and purple...the official Red Hat colors...smile...) Tom took it right down and "planted" it for me! He is so talented...he used wheels off an old seed planter, then topped it off with a glass insulator! Isn't he just the most creative person??? The best thing...we don't have to worry about this summers heat wilting this flower...smile... (thank you!!)
Remember I was digging through old pictures?? One of the main reasons I was doing that was to find some pictures of Glendena and I. When I was young, for several years I would travel to Missouri with my grandparents and spend the summers with Glendena and her family! Just like today, she always had things going on...we went fishing, roller skating, to the local summer carnivals, did things around their farm and many...many more things. Just like today she always had something going on! smile... We became 'best friends'...now we get to travel with her and Richard via postcards. She always remembers us...I have a book of thier postcards they have sent us/me over the years. I even found one dated 1961 when her and her senior class went to Chicago..maybe that was the first of many to come..smile... Anyway, I decided to make her a photo scrapbook and that was what I did with all the pictures I found on my hunt...smile... The first one I did on line...that was the project that failed...so on to plan B..smile...
We shared lunch yesterday down by the Missouri river. It was trying to sprinkle and the wind was blowing so we ate inside instead of going out onto the patio. Glendena and I spotted this 'huge' strawberry pound cake, topped with whipped cream being delivered to another table...and thought why not?? We wanted one of those also...along with 4 plates...we could all share that kind of a dessert...no problem!! But the waiter came back and said they were all out of it!! sad... We were quite envious of those people who got the last one! smile....
We spent the afternoon visiting, going through old pictures and sharing wonderful fun memories! Rusty of course had to help entertain our guests by showing off some of his tricks and antics. But all and all he was a pretty good boy!
Bright and early this morning we met for breakfast and a little more visiting. We hated to see them go, but were so very thankful to have had this blessed time with them. God is good and this is just one of those times when I am so thankful for His touch in our lives... Hope you've had a wonderful SONday too!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"
May 9, 1940: Was the nicest day we've had in a long time. Cleaned the pantry. Went down to Mrs. Hindles this afternoon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------more as it happens here in the city.......





5 comments:
I am glad you enjoyed some time with your friends :)
What a wonderful week-end you have had, Gert! It looks like such fun!
xo Nellie
So good to catch up with loved relations. I can see by the photos. that you two were very happy to be together. There must have been lots to reminisce about and she would have loved the photo scrapbook.
What a great lawn ornament. Some folk are so creative.
Lovely memories to treasure until next time:)
Oh- Gert- What a wonderful visit you had with your lovely friend. I think it is great that you have kept all those postcards and pictures and could make a "travelogue" of her life.
I bet you gals had fun reminiscing about all the fun you had as kids during our summer stays.
I love the "flower" made out of old parts. That is just great.
Have a wonderful week, Gert- xo Diana
What a wonderful Blessing, for you all to be able to get together...Isn't it wonderful to go back through pictures and your heart be filled with memories?
Glad your weekend was GREAT.
Shug
Post a Comment