Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Red Hat's and More....

Yesterday was our Red Hat Luncheon and I was so tired last night I couldn't post a blog...smile... Just had too much fun... You know how that is.. I received these gifts from my Secret Sister! Isn't this exciting? I love these  Love Inspired books, and of course there was a book marker and pen in the bag!! She is the sweetest!!! I can't wait to find out who she is at the end of the year!!

We had an amazing time, along with a really good lunch. I had a turkey sandwich with cranberry bread. It was the best I've ever had.!! There is just something about turkey and cranberries...smile... I won this print of   the Floyd Monument "Then and now"... The front shows Lewis and Clark and others on the expedition burying Sgt. Floyd, who died here near Sioux City.  Behind them is the Floyd Monument as it looks today. Cool huh??

Today was so lovely...I sat outside for awhile and just couldn't believe how wonderful that fresh air felt! Oh, how I wish I could have bottled it...or been able to share it with you....God is so good!! Tom was able to work outside this morning, he edged the sidewalks..they look so nice! What did you do today? Hopefully your weather was as comfortable as ours was!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city........

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a nice gift to get from your secret "pal". It will be fun to find out who it is at the end of the year.

It was nice here today, too, Gert. I dug up the whole front bed in front of our house and got plants and replanted it. It desperately needed doing. I had 2 "helpers" here for most of the day and the 3rd one joined us for the rest of the weekend. It was cool and windy here today- a real switch from our normal weather.

I hope you have a good night and sleep well- Blessings- xo Diana

Shug said...

You racked up on some pretty good things there...Isn't it fun to have a good secret pal?
Our weather is so nice today and I would love to bottle this as well...
Ready for Fall.....
shug

TexWisGirl said...

ooh. now that's a sandwich i think i'd really love! can't have my turkey dinner without cranberry sauce - chunky, of course. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails