Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Birds on Ice

Yesterday, was a 'scary' Red Hat Friday!! smile... Here I am getting ready to head out!! It was a salad luncheon at one of the local churches! Oh my, you couldn't believe all the wonderful, delicious salads they made for us, along with a pumpkin mouse for dessert. Yum..yum!!  Of course the best part was the time we shared visiting with our dear friends!!
 
When I was getting ready, I was looking for some Halloween jewelry and came across these old pictures of my kids back in 1971 getting ready for Halloween! smile... I think my Randy was dressed as Ozzy Osborne.. what do you think??lol I called him and asked him if Osborne was around in 1971? and he said..'ya, why?'...smile... I said I think that is who you dressed up as back then...ha..ha..

And of course..my sweet Brenda was dressed as a 'princess'...isn't she cute??? She was 6 and Randy was 9!!

After such an exciting day, I was so tired last night I didn't get a post put up. sad....  After, our luncheon we went to Walmart to get a few things. When we were leaving, Tom was putting the bags and my scooter in the van, a lady stopped to ask him about the scooter, how it came apart, how heavy it was etc. After a long conversation, Tom finally ask her what her problem was, she said MS. (She was young, middle 30 I think and had an 8 year old daughter with her.) She was beautiful and had a great spirit, I gave her my card and told her if she ever just needed to talk to give me a call..smile...

This morning we woke up to quite frigid weather, I was so glad we had gotten our fireplace going yesterday! It certainly took the chill off inside the house...however, it did nothing for the poor birds out doors. As you can see there was ice in their birdbath!! All I could think of was the Ice Capades...like Disney on Ice...so to me they were "Birds on Ice"...smile...

This afternoon we are heading to a fish fry with our friends... Hope you're having a blessed day!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Gert, Hope no birds jumped into the bath without looking:):) It was plenty cool here too. I love it. Cute photos of mom and kids. That was sweet to help someone in need..Smiles to you, Susie

Betty said...

Gert, your outfit is very good. You have some amazing hats! Very clever the way you have framed the photo.
Looks like your children enjoyed dressing up back in '71. It really is a long time tradition in USA!
I' sure that young woman will value that link she has with you Gert.
Have a good night.
OX Betty

Nellie said...

Love your Red Hat apparel, Gert!

How good to see the pictures of the children when they were younger!

xo Nellie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails