Yes, today was Mall day! smile... We don't get out there very often, so was fun to check it out this morning! It was so funny...this 'choo..choo' train was running up and down the aisles... It wouldn't be long..and the train's whistle would be going off again, and he'd zoom by us..ha.. (Oh to be a kid again...smile...)
Tom was checking out the tree's covered with fake snow... (he said it was very soft!...ha) I was talking to a lady and mentioned how I loved the center Mall display of all the snow and trees, fireplace etc. (where Santa will sit and you can have your picture taken with him!). She said where are you from? I had to admit..right here in town...smile.. She came from a city north of us!
Did you notice that sack Tom is carrying?? That just happened to be my new Susan Branch calendar...
They had rows and rows of calendars in the center court...I looked and looked, and finally asked if they had any Susan Branch calendars...her response surprised me when she said "Yes, I do..." I thought, wonderful...but where are they?? I really shouldn't have cared where they were as long as they had them...smile.. Then I saw the little purse calendar and had to get that too...smile...
When we came home, look what was in the neighbors yard!! Isn't he pretty??? Amazing..how they can be so wild, yet so tame...
Our potluck last night was really nice, and so fun to be around people we enjoy and care about. Always so much wonderful and different food! We did take the Wild Rice Soup and am attaching the recipe, as some of you said you had never made it before. I hope you enjoy it, if you choose to make it!!
WILD RICE SOUP
2 Tbls. Butter 1/4 Cup minced onions
1/4 Cup flour 4 Cups chicken broth
2 Cups cooked wild rice 1/2 Cup ham julienned
1/3 Cup grated carrots 4 Tbls. Sliced almonds
1 Cup heavy cream
Saute onions, butter and carrots till soft. Add flour, mix
well, add broth and stir till smooth. Add remaining
ingredients and heat through.




5 comments:
Thanks for the recipe Gert. I would like to make it some time.
The deer is beautiful. Do they graze in your neighbour's yard? Seems they like company.
Hope Friday goes well for you.
Gert- You ARE a kid at heart- that's what I love about you! It sounds like you had a great time at the mall. Every year my son (33 this year) and I go to the mall and have our picture taken with Santa Claus. My hubby and his wife say we are each other's best audience and make fun of our friendship...and they all say Mom loves MamasBoy best..anyway...every year we have our picture taken and frame it. I give one to my daughter-in-law (his wife) and he gives one to my husband (his dad). It is always fun.
I make that same soup in a crockpot and it is delicious.
Glad you got you calendar. xo Diana
Love your new calenders. I will try your recipe. Smiles, Susie
Thanks for the recipe, Gert. It sounds delicious!
Has Santa arrived at the Mall yet? I was expecting to see your picture with him.:)
I went looking for Susan Branch's calendar at Barnes & Noble, and they don't have them!:( I will have to order from her web store.
I hope you are having a great Friday!
xo Nellie
I usually order my calendar from her site...thanks for reminding me.
Glad you read my blog...and did I ever tell you my favorite aunt in the whole world was named
Lillian Gertrude and a lot of people called her Gert...I called her Aunt Lillian. :))
Post a Comment