We have been working towards this for the last few years or more.......and I can't believe it's almost done!!! We woke up this morning and I thought...this is the day, when we will finally be happy with our results! And tonight as I write this blog I am smiling.. full of satisfaction....and I think Tom is too..although he had to do most of the physical work getting this job done!!!
Yes...we have an almost clean fridge!!! I told Tom we'd do a "simple"..ha..ha...project each week (or year..smile...). And this week is the refrigerator week! smile.... I was surprised at the outdated stuff we had in there. It seems a person buys, a dressing or a mustard or another ingredient for a recipe, which only calls for a small amount, and the next thing you know..it's several years old and still in the fridge...lol or at least it seems that way. I'm so excited...to start all over again...smile... How often do you clean your refrigerator?? Or maybe you use everything up and only have fresh items in yours...tell me how you do it and if you have some cleaning ideas.
Now to the elections...I am so glad they are finally over and we can go forward, without phone calls and a mailbox full of advertisements... Speaking of...I'm sure that was a push for the postal service and now it's over...hopefully they won't stop Saturday's mail service, which I know they have been thinking about doing. I don't know about you...but we really still look forward to getting mail each day. Just like this postcard we received the other day from our friend Betty, who lives in Australia! This was when she was on a recent trip through some marvelous gardens. Check out her blog GUM LEAVES here and see all the beauty that she experienced!
Tomorrow, we hope to take a road trip to South Dakota, the weather sounds wonderful, so I'm looking forward to it! What are you doing this week? Anything special??

4 comments:
Gert, I should gain some inspiration from you! I'm a bit scared about what I might find in our refrigerator, though.:) After going to the expense of purchasing that one special ingredient mentioned in a recipe, it seems a shame to throw out what wasn't used.:) We probably also have some "science experiments" in ours.:(
The rest of my week includes chorus rehearsal, bridge club, and a hair cut! Thankfully the week-end is unscheduled! We will watch the Vols play football on TV on Saturday.
Have a good Thursday!
xo Nellie
You must feel good to have completed your fridge cleaning.
Hope your trip to South Dakota goes well.
I have recently returned from an unexpected trip to the country. A drive of approx. four and a half hours (plus stops) and back the next day. I've been taking it easy today.
Hi Gert,
It is Deb from Dixie - another friend from the Susan Branch Blog.Really enjoyed your posts and Tweets. I am hoping you get this message, because I am not sure about which of the identiy icons to choose below??. I am not that familiar with posting on blogs and I don't Tweet yet. So I am going to choose anonymous. Hope it works. LOL.
I am here in Florida caretaking my Mom....and she has a 40 year old Sears refrigerator...in the old mustardy color.....a relic that runs just great! I just went through all the condiments.....and found exactly what you described....some very old mystery ingredients....LOL!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Deb
Deb,
Welcome to my blog I hope you continue to enjoy it!
Blessings,
Gert
Post a Comment