Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Snowflake Day

What a glorious day....our first snowfall and it amounted to an inch of snow.. Snow flakes are so magical especially to the innocent, those who have never seen them before~smile.... Little Lorelai was just amazed by them...her Mommy said she just laughed and laughed!! 

She was even on TV again tonight..."Facebook Fan Photo of the Day"! She is our little super star...smile...

Our Red Hat luncheon was a lot of fun (as always) yesterday! As we were walking in the door, the first snowflakes started to fall. As our day progressed, the snow got heavier and heavier! But, you could see the streets were dry! So we continued with our fun...I will share later what we did and how much fun it was! My friend Margaret gave me this beautiful doily, she had made to me. Isn't it absolutely beautiful??? I can't imagine the hours she must have put in to make this. I feel so blessed!!

As we were coming home, Tom spotted these turkey's walking up the street, so we had to drive over to get a closer look at them...smile.. They moved into someones yard, so it was fun to watch them scratch and dig..while trying to get at something to eat! smile....

When we got home, it was the perfect time, as it was feeding time for the birds! So I caught this shot of the Mama Cardinal in amongst the "real" snowy branches! No need to enhance this photo...smile...

Yesterday evening we had an MS Seminar to go to.. The speaker (an MS doctor, who has MS) is a phenomenal speaker. He is interesting, with new ideas as well as being humorous!  So, our evening was very enjoyable, when we returned home and saw our Christmas lights in amidst the snow on our bushes, I just thought they were too pretty not to get a photo of!!

I'm hoping we will be able to get our Christmas tree up this week, I really do love the lights, the music and everything about this time of the year...  We baked some cookies today, so we're getting in the mood...smile... I had bought a tub of cookie dough from a little girl at church, and they are amazing! As good or better than making them from scratch! Are you doing any baking?? I'd love to hear!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Nellie said...

How cute little Lorelai is! I remember when our girls first saw snow.

Your pictures are wonderful, Gert. I doubt we will have any snow this winter. We rarely have any.

The past two days have been busy and full for you! I hope you are feeling well!

xo Nellie

NanaDiana said...

I love your post today, Gert. I don't know if I ever told you but my mother's younger brother had MS in the 50's and they used him as an experimental guinea pig (at his bequest) and tried all sorts of things. He was wheel chair bond before he was 30 and just the most peaceful, gentle soul I have ever known.

Your little doll there is just darling - your own little star. Check my blog tomorrow sometime because I am posting a picture of SweetCheeks on the bill board that just went up in our town.

Have a wonderful night- xo Diana

20 North Ora said...

That Lorelai is just precious. It's so true what they say about seeing things thru a child's eyes. She seems enthralled with the snow!

Judy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails