How many of you remember this old song?? "Up the lazy river in the noon day sun....the hazy..crazy river in the noon day sun" (or something like that) smile... Well this is how it was today...looking up the river.. it was noon and it was hazy...smile... We had gone to the doctor again today..seems to be becoming a nasty habit..ha.. However, tomorrow our friend is coming to clean the house and visit with us. She is always so sweet! Hopefully, we can have a nice day without seeing anymore doctors..
Yesterday, after Tom's annual heart doctor appointment, we stopped and had a 50 cent ice cream cone at Burger King! We had considered going to the DQ, but instead of $1 for two cones I'm sure we'd have had to pay close to $5! This tasted so good on another HOT day! We have had a heat index of over 100 degrees everyday and is to continue through most of the weekend! Hard to believe September and Labor Day are almost here...where has the summer gone?? Or..maybe it's still here..ha..
What kind of a week have you been having?? I'd love to hear... Well, I'm to take my shot...
more as it happens here in the city................


4 comments:
I love your summery posts - tomatoes, ice cream cones, lazy river. Looks great!
Today it was lovely after many cold and gloomy days. I went into the city on the train to attend the full dress rehearsal for the ballet "La Sylphide". One of my friends had a spare ticket. It was so nice to see everyone out enjoying the sun at lunchtime. I'm feeling that winter is almost over :)
Hope you have a pleasant and restful day tomorrow.
Well, my week so far has been sort of lazy, hazy and crazy. Haha! I didn't get much done that I'd planned on my blog break, but that is about par for the course! I'm trying to catch up on some blog reading, and then I'm going to tackle a closet that desperately needs cleaning.
Wishing you a nice, healthy day!
Gert, Ice cream is good on a hot day. You were wise to get two cones way cheaper than those at DQ. Once it had stopped snowing last winter and Ted and I went to DQ for an ice cream ...so I am thinking ice cream is good anytime. :):)xoxo,Susie
Gert- It is SOOO hot there. We have temps in the 90's and that is very hot for us. We are usually in the low 70's this time of year and even mid summer we rarely hit 90. Not this year. At least we have had rain and while the grass is green and crops are growing- the humidity is awful.
Hope the Doctor appointments went okay. You know I worry about you guys!
Ice cream sounds good but I try to stay away from it. I could eat more than my share when I have it in the house.
Hope you have a good night. I have a bunch of grandkids sleeping over tonight and I am tired. xo Diana
Post a Comment