Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Internet...what happened??

 
So has your day been going? We've had lots of internet issues today. We have our TV, internet and phone all from one provider.  Which can be great in some ways, but like today we were out of internet and telephone service both. But, we were so thankful the TV still worked...ha..ha...
 
The other day I spotted this pigeon and thought it was so pretty!! I know they can be a nuisance , but they are neat to see and watch!!!
 
My friend Sherry came up yesterday and cleaned the house for us. She does such an amazing job...I just love her!! She's coming up next Wednesday to help me clean/straighten up my office. She use to help me do the same thing at work. After the end of the year, we'd pack up the previous years papers, so she's use to helping me...ha...ha... Maybe I can get a little more organized and do some scrapbooking!! I have a major project I need to start working on!!
 
Our friend stopped by this morning and fixed my hair!! big smile... She is so nice and such a dear friend of ours. She makes me feel like a new woman...smile...
 
Tom harvested lots of tomatoes (big and small!) yesterday. Some were a little green, but after Tom put them on the window sill, they were looking pretty red today!! yummm.. He grilled steaks and made some sweet corn for lunch today. He fixed it on his Big Green Egg and used Montreal steak Seasoning. That is one of the best seasoning we've ever had! Have you tried it?? 
 
Well, about bed time, hope you've had a good day.
 
more as it happens here in the city........................

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing like homegrown tomatoes!!!

Boopnut said...

1. I'd like a friend like Sherry.
2. How do you like your Big Green Egg? My brother in law had one of those and loves it!
3. Hoping the best for you!
Deb

NanaDiana said...

We have one service for internet/phone/TV too..and while it is nice for the money saving aspect usually when one thing goes-they all go. I hate that part!

Sounds like Tom is feeding you well...and your hair looks good...and your house is clean. Life has some good days like that, doesn't it?

Blessings-I hope you have a wonderful day- xo Diana

Nellie said...

Without the Internet issues, it sounds like you have had a good day. Steaks and corn sound wonderful, and you surely do have some good friends to help you! Hugs, Nellie

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I guess I don't get out much...haven't heard of a Big Green Egg! :) I'll have to check it out.

The steak and sweet corn sounds good. I bought some corn today and pork steaks. We'll grill over the weekend, if it isn't too hot.

It's wonderful you have some nice friends that help out. Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Susie said...

Gert, You are blessed with good friends. So nice that Tom and you are enjoying your tomatoes . Sounds as if Tom made a great meal. Blessings to all of you. xoxo,Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails