I took this picture one day last week...always think it is so pretty! Soon the trees will turn from green to beautiful fall colors. So....beautiful!!
Yesterday, Tom labored on Labor Day! smile.. He was so busy...first he edged all the sidewalks and all the curbs. (They look so nice!) Then he mowed all the yard, which as we know is a "Big" yard. But the weather had cooled down, so was nice to get out and do some yard work.
Funny...Tom spotted this cat climbing the tree...what happened to cats being afraid once they get up in a tree and can't come down?? smile...
Also, yesterday we were having an electric problem. A fuse kept blowing, so we called our friend who is an electrician to see if he could come up this week and take a look at it. Well...he said "I'll be right there"...which we felt bad about...but he insisted! He found the problem and fixed it. He is such a wonderful man, and says helping his friends is his mission in life. sweet... He said he and his wife had been canning tomatoes and described her process. It sounded way too easy. He had her call me when he got home. She just put the tomatoes in the jars, and put them in a cold oven, then turned it on to 250 degrees for 2 hours...shut it off and removed them in the morning! So, I thought that was easy---but once I Googled it and they said it wasn't approved...as they didn't think they got hot enough to kill the bacteria. So, we decided it wouldn't work for us...darn... Have any of you tried doing this with your canning? What are your thoughts??
Today was so busy...we took our glasses down to have the new lenses put in, and were suppose to pick them back up this afternoon. But there were other errands to run, then got too late. So hopefully, we'll get them tomorrow morning! I pray they work good and we don't have to have them readjusted.
I hope you had an amazing weekend..
"I will bless you....and you shall be a blessing." Genesis 12.2
more as it happens here in the city....................



6 comments:
What beautiful scenery you have - love the cat going up the tree- looks like she thinks she's a cougar lol
XOXO
Beautiful.
I cant wait to see all the Fall colors.
Woolie Blessings
Beautiful pictures, Gert. I love that you have such beauty around you. Tom looks like he had a busy Labor Day.
How wonderful that your friend came to check out your electrical problem so promptly. Isn't it wonderful to know there are good people like that in the world?
Hope you new specs work right and don't need any adjustment.
I just talked to SweetCheeks before she heads off to her second day of school. She is thrilled and made some new friends and loves her teacher. Can't get better than that! xo Diana
We haven't canned anything in a couple of years, Gert. We were adding a teaspoon of Real Lemon juice to the jars before adding the tomatoes. That inhibits the growth of any bacteria. Heating up that big pot of water, then processing the jars, just adds extra heat to the kitchen.:-) I made juice and marinara sauce instead for the freezer.
Wishing you a good Wednesday!
xo Nellie
I have heard of that canning method, but never tried it myself nor do I know anyone who did. It's been so long since I've canned anything.
Beautiful photos, Gert. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like there with fall foliage.
Your garden looks lovely! Glad it was a pleasant day for Tom to do all that work.
I'm really happy to tell you that Susan's book has arrived. It's going to be hard to put it down:) I have read a few pages and Hope all is well with you.
Betty OX
Post a Comment