Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pies are finished...

 
Yep, we got our pies baked this afternoon! Karen likes apple crumb pie! So we baked one and it looks yummy!!!

 
Then we made a pumpkin pie...my favorite! Hard to believe I must wait until tomorrow to have a piece...smile... I must tell you a story about the pumpkin pie we baked when we were in Long Beach, CA. One evening we were watching T.V. and all of a sudden we decided to have a pumpkin pie. So, Tom was going to run to a local grocery store and get one. We'd pop it in the oven and violo...we'd have our pie!!! smile... He was gone a long time, finally he got back with the pie (he went to store after store and they were all out..until finally he found one!!) We threw it in the oven...and waited and waited. About 10 o'clock we were able to take it out. We needed to cool it down...so we sat it out on our brick patio...and waited and waited!!! ha..ha.. I believe we were able to have a piece of 'warm' pie about 11 o'clock. smile.. That made for a memory we'll never forget.. It was quite the Thanksgiving that year!! Come on, I know you all have stories to tell too...smile...
 
 
Here are the pies on the cooling rack..
 
Tomorrow, I will make some escalloped corn, then we'll pick up the rest of the dinner at our local store.  I'm hoping the kids will be able to stop by...I miss seeing them!! Those little ones grow way too fast. smile..
 
I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving! I can't wait to hear all about your day!
 
Prayers are needed: I'd appreciate your prayers for my friends grandson. To read more about him go over to her blog at Nana Diana Takes a Break. (We need to be thankful that our grandchildren are healthy...)
 
more as it happens here in the city.................

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i hope you have a wonderful day. blessings to you and happy memories.

Helen said...

Looks yummi :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and thank you for all the lovely comments you have taken time to write in my blog lately. In Norway we do not celebrate Thanksgiving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails