Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

This and That...

 
I came across this photo today when I was looking for some old ones that were for the South Bottoms newsletter. I made these bibs for my last two grandchildren...about 19 years ago. They were for our granddaughter Amanda and grandson Jesse. I used the back of Tom's old work shirts  (the blue material) and  a red handkerchief like the ones he used at work. They are the same except for the pockets. And of course I painted a star on Jesses (like he was the Sherriff!) And of course Amanda's had frilly lace on hers! I wish I'd have gotten a picture of them wearing them.

 
And another craft I always did, (thanks to Tom's Aunt Pearl-she started me on this). It was so fun and soothing (and easy!). But look how much the Kleenex boxes have shrunk! Sometimes, I have to dig down in the 'chimney' trying to get the Kleenexes out!! Have you noticed this also?? (The cross was given to us by our daughter and her family...I think it looks pretty just hanging there.)

 
Also, found this one, isn't it cute? I miss going to exercise classes...not just for the cookies..ha..ha... Kelly, the lady who has the classes, her mother makes different cookies each month for the classes. Since, I have to be really careful how I stretch and exercise, I have to do it at home with my Tom..helping me, which of course is better, except he doesn't bake me cookies...lol
 
Our weekend has been cold...with some nasty wind chills. Tomorrow we have to fast and get our cholesterol checked. So, I will miss having my coffee in the morning...(not good..smile..) But they said we should bring something to snack on while we wait for the doctor...just wish I could bring coffee...(they didn't say we could get some from their lunch room...lol)
 
Hope you're excited about this upcoming week and that you will be with friends and family!
 
more s it happens here in the city..............

7 comments:

Betty said...

Such pretty needlework Gert. I love the little bibs and the cute tissue box. I like anything made to look like a little cottage:) Very clever Gert.
Hope the cholesterol check goes well. It seems Americans love their coffee:) I'm like that with tea.
With love and hugs from 'Down under'

Boopnut said...

Love those bibs! How cute! Why don't we think of taking pictures at the right time? I remember those Kleenex boxes but don't have one myself. Some of our clinics have coffee and some not....what's with that? I think we should get coffee after our labs!
Hugs,
Deb

NanaDiana said...

Are they drawing blood, Gert? Once they do that you should be able to have your coffee before you see the doctor. That is one of my favorite parts of the morning-having that first cup of coffee.

I LOVE those bibs, Gert, and I am saving the picture. I may steal that idea and make some bibs for the boys here. That is just DARLING! I remember those houses, too, and used to make ornaments with that plastic canvas.

Have a wonderful day- I am off and running-getting ready for Thanksgiving. We are having ours on Wednesday night. xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Are they drawing blood, Gert? Once they do that you should be able to have your coffee before you see the doctor. That is one of my favorite parts of the morning-having that first cup of coffee.

I LOVE those bibs, Gert, and I am saving the picture. I may steal that idea and make some bibs for the boys here. That is just DARLING! I remember those houses, too, and used to make ornaments with that plastic canvas.

Have a wonderful day- I am off and running-getting ready for Thanksgiving. We are having ours on Wednesday night. xo Diana

Nellie said...

What a beginning to the week, Gert! Missing your cup of coffee! No fun! I think my doctor's office will allow black coffee/tea, though.

I'm wondering about Susan Branch and those plans for a book signing in Oklahoma City. The weather sounds like it is horrendous, as well as the road conditions!:-(

I hope all goes well for you this morning.

xo Nellie

Susie said...

Gert, Hope you and Tom have good readings....and a big cup of coffee afterwards. That's the hard part of running bloodwork or tests..we are all into our morning routines...hard to break old habits too. Hope you have a wonderful week with lots of hugs. xoxo,Susie

TexWisGirl said...

the turkey cookie is really cute, but those bibs are adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails