Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Just Because....


 
Have you ever done something or had someone do something for you..."just because"??
When I first started working back in late 60's, the lady I worked for got a rose from her teenage son, who brought it in. I asked her later if it was her birthday or a special day. She said..."no..he said he did it 'just because'"! And when I got this package...that is exactly what I thought when Susan Branch sent this to me!


When I opened the box, this is what I  first saw! Isn't this adorable?? Susan wrote to me and asked for my address..and said that she had something to send me! smile... (You have no idea how excited I was I got this message!! Like almost bouncing off the walls excited!! smile...)

 
And then there was this box, all tied up with the pretty string...

 
Inside the box was this pretty little card, with a note from her!!

 
Nestled down inside the box was this precious little angel. (You know how I love angels...smile..)

 
And this was way down there too...in there among the 'yellow' shredded paper. Did you see another smile?? You know how I love yellow!!

 
Look at these beautiful shells!! She said, her and Joe were on their daily walk down to the water, and she said to Joe I know Gert would just love some of these shells. So they gathered them for me! Isn't she just the sweetest thing ever?? Now we have a little piece of Martha's Vineyard in our home..smile.. I'm not sure if all of you know my connection with Susan or not. I have followed her for years, her mother was from Sioux City as was her grandfather "Willard"...my home town!!! smile... If you don't follow her...go over to her blog Susan Branch and check it out and read about "Willard"!! You will be very glad you did--trust me!
 
Hope you're having a good week...
 
 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

7 comments:

Betty said...

So exciting, Gert! What a kind and thoughtful lady Susan is. Such treasures to keep always.
Happy days,
Betty

Susie said...

Gert, How wonderful. I saw the post of Susan's about when she gathered all those beautiful shells. I have been to the vineyard, once. I would love to go back. There's a blog called Blogzilla, and that fellow is Boston Boy, he goes to the vineyard and is planning his trip there, he plans on taking lots of photos too. You may want to check him out. xoxo,Susie

TexWisGirl said...

how very thoughtful! what a sweet friend!

NanaDiana said...

How fun, Gert!!! I have been away from blogging for a bit so I am catching up. I didn't know your connection to Susan Branch but I adore her style! How NICE of her to send that to you!
Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day, too. Blessings to you and Tom- xo Diana

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

How lovely, Gert! Susan Branch has one of the sweetest hearts I know! Enjoy those beauties! xoxo ♥

Beth said...

How sweet of Susan! Thanks for sharing, so we could enjoy your package too!
Hugs, Beth

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love Susan Branch's blog! How sweet of her to send you these pretty little seashells!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails