Yesterday morning we woke up at 7, I showered and our sweet friend Sherry was here at 8! Her and I baked some banana bread, then she cleaned the fridge for me. She is such an amazing lady!! It was fun to listen to Christmas music, and bake some bread. (I know it is a little dark, but it is sooo good!) But we had a whole lot of love chattering going on...smile...
Then my friend called and said she was coming up and would fix my hair. Yeah!!! That was exciting since we were going to a Christmas party at night!
After lunch, Tom's cousin came to visit. It was so nice to see him, he's so funny we don't see him..forever...then he comes for a long visit..smile.. He has retired and is trying to get use to all his free time. ha.. About four o'clock I said to Tom, you need to take your shower. (I thought Tom's sister was visiting too, so it wouldn't be rude for him to leave the conversation long enough to get showered and dressed.) But he decided it was time to leave anyway, so out the door he went.
Then there were other things we needed to do to get prepared for our Christmas potluck! Thank goodness I had already made my salad the day before, but I had to put some Marciano cherries on top of it. (I had them draining on paper towels..so the juice wouldn't bleed on the salad.) And I needed to find a couple gift bags for our gift exchange. Of course they were down stairs and poor Tom would run down and get some then some others etc. Finally, I said bring the whole box up! Which he did and I found the ones that would work.... whew... Anyway, you know how it goes when your under the gun, nothing goes right!
Collage: Left is one of our ladies reading a letter from fellow South Bottomer! Top right shows some of our friends. Then bottom right, is Tom selecting his gift!
Our Christmas potluck was our monthly one. As always it was very enjoyable. We had turkey and all the trimmings! And I got my pumpkin pie!! I told my friend who made it, that I didn't have any for Thanksgiving so was really looking forward to having a piece at the potluck. It was really good!!!
So...it was wonderful to sleep in this morning (and we did..lol). Do you have some of those catch up days??? I even watched a Hallmark movie! (I love them!!)
I did get the recipe typed for the Loosemeats, it's under the recipe page or you can click on Loosemeats to see it.
Good night everyone and sweet dreams. Thank you for your prayers for my daughter Brenda, she felt to humbled to know there were so many praying for her surgery tomorrow.



4 comments:
Busy, busy, busy! Yes, I have had catch up days. I would love to have a friend to come and clean my fridge or even to chat with while doing it myself!
Deb
you had a very full day! i'd be holed up and snoozing today! :)
Gert, Thinking of your daughter, hoping things are going well. and that she recovers quickly. Blessings for a wonderful weekend. xoxo,Susie
Wow! You share some great recipes! Each one I viewed, I had to smile! I have so many wonderful recipes and the middle wants me to write them down so she can have them for the future! I already told her she may have my recipe box. Precious recipes in there, from my mom, a few hand written by her and my favorite Auntie Ang. Oh how I miss those beautiful ladies during the holiday seasons! Sometime I add chocolate chips to banana bread and they get much darker. Oh goodness now I am getting hungry! LOL! Lovely post Gert, I enjoy stopping by here. Hugs,Anne
Post a Comment