Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Off for a haircut..


Our American flag flies high, and I always love to photograph it when we drive by! 

The other day, we headed across the river to get Tom's haircut. (See that single boat out there cruising up the river?)

Doesn't he look handsome??

Yes siree bob, that is a whole lot of cream on that banana cream pie!!! smile...

But now look at Tom's Raisin cream pie, that is really a high meringue...lol (That is what this restaurant is known for.) Actually, its a truck stop. It has been around for sixty plus years. I remember stopping there back when my older brother was a teenager. (His girlfriend was a waitress there...lol) Tom and Karen had a hot beef and I had a club sandwich. (I brought three fourths of my pie and half of my sandwich home!) Tom and I finished it up for supper...lol Do you ever buy things when you eat out, with the intentions of bringing part of it home for later???

As we were leaving, Tom noticed this old Model T. We asked the waitress if she knew who owned it. She pointed him out and said he'd love to talk about his car...lol I asked him if we could take some pictures, he said "Sure as long as you don't take the car.." smile...


 
What a cool car, from the headlights, to the windshield wipers, the spare tire, and finally to the 'rumble seat' in the back. You probably can't see them, but there were steps on the bumper and the rear fender, you'd use to get into the rumble seat!! So awesome!!
 
Just another reason to love summertime!
 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a great old car! I find that people that own cars like that usually love to talk about them.
Tom does look very handsome with his hair cut! He looked handsome before his hair cut, too! lol
I love the picture of the flag. xo Diana

TexWisGirl said...

great old car! and pie!!! yes, tom does look handsome. :)

Susie said...

Gert, Yes your Tommy boy is handsome. :):) I always like to see your pictures...you usually show us something new and interesting. That is a pretty car. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Annesphamily said...

You had a perfect day with pie and vintage cars and fun all around with that handsome Tom! Beautiful story Gert. Have a beautiful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails