Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Family


Don't you just love my coffee cup?? It is absolutely gorgeous! When Betty (from Australia) came to visit, she brought Tom and I these cups. At first, I was going to put them up on a kitchen shelf, then I thought we should really enjoy them, which we are doing! And the wonderful thing I like is each time I take a sip of coffee from my cup, I think of our friend Betty!! 
  
Today, we had a family gathering. These folks are Tom's second cousins.Two of the girls are from out of town and come back to visit their brothers and sisters a couple times a year. We all met at a Perkin's Restaurant for coffee, pie and conversation !!  I got the banana cream and Tom got the lemon meringue! Yumm they were delicious!!
 
It was a nice day and we were happy to have shared it with family.
 
How was your day? Good we hope, Rusty seemed better this morning but is having a little harder time tonight. He has arthritis in his hip and is on medication for that. I will call the vet in the morning and see what they say.
 
Good night....... 
 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

5 comments:

Boopnut said...

I love the coffee cup! I have a favorite too, even though my cupboard is brimming with others. My favorite is from Bubba Gump's and reminds me of my trip to New Orleans. It is pretty much the same size and shape as your cup...very comfortable to drink my coffee from!
Deb

Susie said...

Gert, You and Tom are a good looking couple. It's so nice to be with your families. I love your new cups. I will tell you this story of my mother. She had been given some new everyday silverware, as a gift. She puts it away. I ask, " where is your new stuff mommy? " She says" it's put up to stay nice." I told her , " get it out and use...if something would happen to you, daddy's new wife would use it" ...She got right in the cabinet and got that silverware out. LOL She never put things back to stay nice after that she used all things she received . So good for you using and enjoying your new cups, given in friendship. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Tete said...

Sounds and looks like a very fun time with family. I like meeting out like that- not fuss about cleaning or having something on hand. I must remember that.
Hope the hip is better...the weather does that to me, too.
Yeah for using the pretty cups! How many times do we put it away for "GOOD" and never really enjoy it. I love things that remind me of great people in my life.

Ida said...

Yes that cup is pretty. How neat to spend time with your friends. The Lemon Meringue would have been my pick too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Gert, I love your cute coffee mug. Perkins does have yummy pies, it is one of my hubby's favorite places to eat. Looks like you had a nice gathering with your family. I hope all is well, take care. Enjoy your day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails