Tom is still working very hard and getting stronger every day. smile.. Today was the first time I have not gone to see him.. (kind of sad..) I missed him, but I did need some time to pay bills and just lay around and do nothing...smile.. His sister did have lunch with him and I talked to him on the phone, so that helped. (I knew he was okay..)
My son and his wife are on vacation in Colorado, she posted this picture on FB. with this comment! smile..
At first I couldn't believe they really were touching the clouds....but they were!! How amazing is that?? I know I've seen them out of an airplane window, but the fact that you can stand on this earth and actually touch them, is almost beyond my imagination!!!
They saw the Chasm Falls..so beautiful... And walked the trail (soon being short of breath..I forgot about the heights doing that to a person!)
Look at this winding road, with drop offs on either side. I know they would have had to blindfold me and stuff me in the trunk to get me to the clouds....hee..hee..hee!
I am so happy for them, just to get away and enjoy a new adventure!
Tomorrow morning, my friends come. Sherry will do the cleaning and Diana will fix my hair!! smile.. Then I'll go see my honey this afternoon. Our weather is changing, the last couple days have been Indian summer like . Warm gentle breezes, putting a desire in you to go for a ride, to spend your time outside, basking in the warmth of the day.. I miss my Tom, that would have been something we would have done. (I know he misses not getting out too..) I did run to the doctors the other day and got my 'flu shot'. Have you gotten yours yet? I was a little sore yesterday, kind of achy also. But am sure today will be much better. That day, I knew Tom was in physical therapy, so ran out there, got my shot, (by then it was about 1:30 or so). So I drove through Mc D and got a "Big Mac", (I know they are terrible for a person..but it tasted so good...as I was starving by then!!) smile.. I pulled into a parking lot and ate my sandwich!!! Then off to see my honey with a chocolate shake in hand!!! A much needed reward for all his work!!
Hope you're having a good week, and thanks for stopping by. I will let you know how the meetings go this week.




10 comments:
I am so happy to know that Tom is getting stronger and improving day by day. Also, I am glad that you are taking a bit of time for yourself and resting when you can. You need to take care of yourself, too.
I am glad you got your flu shot- I got my own yesterday so waiting to see if I have any reaction to it.
Those pictures are amazing and I have been high in the mountains like that many years ago. I am so glad that Randy was "brave" enough to take that road to get there.
Blessings to both of you and I will keep you in my prayers. xo Diana
Hi Gert, I just popped in before I start my day of running. I am so happy to see that Tom is progressing. I know it relieves some of the stress, but not all. I remember going to the top of Pike's Peak. We didn't drive up, but there are people who do the Pike Peak run and race to the top. We rode the train. You can see so many things in the clouds, but I have never touched one The pictures are amazing and I am so happy that things are getting better for you. Take care. Many hugs and prayers from your Missouri Friend Shirley
Glad to hear that Tom is improving and you're getting some much needed "me" time.Hugs from California!
Lots of prayers for Tom.Glad he is getting along so well. Take care of yourself too. Oh I am a Colorado native and I love my state and all the glorious sights we have to offer. As a kid I remember my dad taking us on the Phantom Canyon road. It is a narrow road and if you meet another car, uh oh, gosh the Lord was watching over us back than. Phantom Canyon is between Florence and Victor Colorado. You can not have a lead foot or there will be a meeting with your maker! Of course, the scenery is magnificent. The higher you get here altitude wise the closer to God you seem to be. No wonder John Denver wrote all those beautiful songs. A few years ago my son-in-law drove us to Gunnison to watch a football game with Hannah's former beau Markus. we drove him back to Gunnison and went on the million dollar highway. It was autumn and oh my goodness, the breathtaking views. If you go to you tube you can watch a video but be warmed, you will get dizzy. My SIL grew up in Florida in the keys and he can drive anywhere. You know they have the Overseas highway there that is surrounded by water! Your kids have beautiful photos from their trip and I wish them safe travels. Take care. Hugs, Anne
Gert, It was good to read that you had a small break ..even though it meant leaving your sweetheart Tom for a day. So happy he's is better....please tell him many are praying for him and care...for you both. I would love to touch a cloud. I have been to Pike's Peak in Colorado when my brother was stationed near there. Blessings, love, Susie
That is good news that your dear Tom is making progress. Fun to imagine touching the clouds.
really glad to hear a good update! and sometimes a person just needs a big mac. :)
It's good to hear that Tom is getting stronger each day! I just read the birthday post, and I'm sorry I missed sending happy birthday wishes to him. The KFC sounds like a marvelous birthday choice! I am not fond of heights at all! Take care of yourself! xo Nellie
So good to know that Tom is improving each day. I hope you are taking it easy for a bit now. You sure have been busy!
Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos and the wonderful experiences your son and his wife are having on their holiday. Sounds like an amazing part of the country.
Take care of yourself Gert. You are doing an amazing job!
Best wishes to Tom too.
So glad you rested Gert! I can't imagine driving and touching the clouds! I was up in the mountains with the drop offs and I didn't like it either! Say Hi to Tom and pray he gets stronger and is home soon!
Deb
Post a Comment