Photo out the hospital window
It seems life does spiral downward and we can not do anything about it, just go along for the ride and pray. Yes, that's when we trust in our Lord and pray for His help and guidance. On the 6th of this month, Tom went into the hospitals ICU with heart failure. sad... His surgery was due on the following Thursday, however, his health and some Medicare rules were the reason for him not to have it. After 10 days he went into a new nursing facility. We went out to see him today, he seems a little better. He does have a long way to go, but with prayer I'm sure we will get through this.
Last Saturday our little Maggie Sue (who is now 4 old) came to visit her Papa Tom. Course I got lots of hugs and kisses too!! Isn't she adorable??
Here they are making over him! He just loved it!!! Babies are such a blessing aren't they??
Then last Sunday after church, the twins Ivy and Eden came to visit!! That again just gave him a boost of much needed energy. (I gave them a ride on my scooter up and down the hospital hallways...lol) First one and then the other....zoom..zoom...zoom away we went!
My daughter from Georgia flew up to be with me when he had his surgery. Well, as I said, things changed, but she was great support for me. (We kept talking about taking a picture, finally the day she left, I snapped this one of her..--cute p.j.'s huh??) I missed her before she even left...sad...
Tom's son has been here too, he will be heading back to Texas tonight. I hope Tom doesn't miss him too much.
I hope you're having a wonderful fall or is it winter?? (since we just had a major snow storm!!) Ugggg...
Blessings.......





13 comments:
i'm sorry he was not able to have the surgery. i hope he will get stronger and be able to have it when the time is right.
Gert, I was so glad to hear from you. I hope Tom is getting better and stronger , you and yours are in my prayers. I enjoy your post so much. What a wonderful family you have. Be safe in this cold winter. Stay well, as you are very important in Toms speedy recovery as Tom gets well. Leaving you with a hug, and my prayers.
From a Texas girl and such a fan of yours
Dear Gert, What a difficult time it has been for you both. I have wondered if Tom had had surgery. So trying for him and you too. Your wonderful family have been and are such a support
You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I know your faith will bring you through this time.
Love and hugs to you both. Betty ox
Dear Gert, You are in my thoughts and prayers today as I read your post. I am sending you some long distance hugs and prayers for you both. You can never have to many prayers because it is in God's hands. I thought of you and the snow. You never know who friends are until something happens. Take care of yourself. Many hugs and prayers from your Missouri Friend Shirley
Gert, I loved your photos of all the cute family. Those little ones are so adorable. I know what you mean about missing your daughter even before she was gone...I do that too. I am holding you and Tom in my thoughts and prayers. May our Lord send blessings to you both. Love you , Susie
Continued prayers for Tom and you too, Gert! Babies and grandchildren are a blessing!
Deb
Gert, I continue to send prayers for you and Tom. I hadn't realized he didn't have the surgery. Blessings to you! xo Nellie
Hello Gert- sorry Tom couldn't have the surgery but I hope he continues to feel better. How nice that he's had some family visits from the kids and grandkids. I hope you are holding up well and taking care of yourself. Blessings and prayers for both you and Tom and of course Rusty too! I hope you'll find a way to enjoy Thanksgiving Day. Big hugs, Liz
Hi Gert, It's been a difficult time for you but am glad family has been supportive. The little ones do buoy our spirits, don't they? Take care and we'll be holding you and Tom up to our Heavenly Father in prayer.
Dear Gert, I'm so glad you gave us an update! You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Keep on keeping strong! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Tom! I bet I know where you will be! Take care. ♥
Dear Gert and Tom,
I was so glad to read your post today. Your positive outlook is so inspiring. Our prayers are with you. It is so nice that your family is there to visit. We wish we lived closer.
Love you,
Glendena & Richard
Dropped by to see how you were! Glad Tom had some cheery visitors!
I just now saw this Gert. We have had some health issues of our own gong on here so I have been in and out of checking blogs. I am praying for Tom and hope his strength is improving day by day. I know how hard it is on both of you to be separated like that. God bless you - xo Diana
Post a Comment