The other day my friend came by and gave me this... Isn't it cute?? And so true. She found it an estate sale. Her and her husband go to different sales, estate, yard sales in the summer and Goodwills. I'm always so surprised at the clothes her and a young lady friend I know get there!! When Ive gone, I never had that kind of luck.
Many years ago, a lady and I became wonderful friends across the internet. We've never met and yet know and each other and our families as much as any friends could! She sent me these..and wrote in her Sympathy card, Enclosed are "Heaven's Twinkles" Hang outside and sun reflection will embrace you all year long.... In loving memory of Tom. I decided to hang one here in the house and the other outside..
The other morning I noticed the light shining on the wall and thought, yes, he is twinkling and surrounding us with his presence. (Just thinking of Tom makes us know he is with us...if only in spirit.)
Spring...spring, oh yes!!! This week, we've had some wonderful days. Temperatures in the 70's and upper 70's one day....breaking another record!! smile.. Our yard people came and cleaned it up and hauled away several tree limbs that had fallen this winter. And then yesterday evening around dusk, I heard a bird and looked out....there was a robin! It's the first one I've seen this year!! That makes it official for me...it truly must be spring!!
Don't forget to put your clocks ahead an hour tonight...
Blessings....




7 comments:
i always love to hear the robins - even if i hear them here in winter. :) love the sparkles of spirit.
Such a lovely gift, just another reminder of Tom. Keeping his spirit alive and always present.
Must be good to feel some warmth in the days. Won't be long 'til the the trees begin to show new green buds!
Hope your week-end is going well.
Love, Betty
Gert, I am so glad you still have Tom's spirit with you. Isn't that a cute thing your friend sent you? I love the idea of it. I sat on the porch yesterday evening and listened to the robins. I had a jacket on but it was nice. We had one robin for about a month before the others came...he would sit in the crabapple tree and eat the tiny apples. So sweet. Blessings to you this Sunday morning. Love you, Susie xoxo
How thoughtful of your friend. That is so sweet!
I forgot to change my clocks last night but did it this morning.
I am so happy you got your robin! That always makes it official for me, too- got mine this week also!
Love the memory twinkle...I have not seen one before, but its lovely and would mean so much to me.
I find the most awesome tops and sweaters at Goodwill! (Along with some pretty cool junque!) There must be some very well dressed fat ladies in my area. LOL
We have not seen the 70s yet and have rain today...but the greenest grass you have ever seen. The birds are at the feeder and the squirrels are darting around the island...perfect morning to spend here watching the life happen out there again.
We got 2 beds cleaned out yesterday! Sore today, but its a start!
Oh- Gert- What a wonderful reminder of your Tom..and what a blessing to you that friend is that you met online. We are all interwoven into each other's lives in so many ways. I am glad you saw your first robin. I saw our first one as I was on the way out the door to take John for an infusion at the cancer center the other day. It gave me hope that the next season is upon us and that this will be one of healing for MyHero. xo Diana
What a precious heart your friend has to send you two special gifts in honor of Tom! I just love the sweet plaque gifted to you about friends, oh so very true! And such a blessing to feel Tom's presence with you. Spring indeed is coming, and while we haven't seen any robins here yet, I am hoping they will be here soon! Hope you had a wonderful sprung-forward day :)
Post a Comment