Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Bunny & Birds

 I have had such a hard time catching a shot of the Orioles, but I did get this one. I haven't seen any for a few days. But as soon as they come back I'll try again!! smile..
 
The other day I looked across the street and saw these two bunny rabbits sitting in the neighbors yard. Look at them...one was looking one way and the other one was looking the other direction.. I'm wondering if they had a family somewhere in between them. I saw a show one time on how rabbits hide their babies in the ground, such as in the middle of the yard. They cover them with fur & grass. She nurses them for about 5 minutes a day, their milk is very rich and lasts them all day. It is just amazing..


Speaking of babies...our cute little wren house we bought at the Farmers Market last year is occupied this year!! Smile... I kept hearing her sing from morning till night.. The other day when I was leaving I saw her fly in and saw a little stick protruding out. I love it!!!
 
We had a bird bath for years, as time went by the top kept getting knocked off and chipped, until finally it got broke in half...sad... (Not sure if it was the turkeys or the deer!) Then I saw a way to use it as a birdfeeder. (Theresa, at The Run Around Ranch told me about doing this.) Well, I finally got someone to make it, and the storm we had blew it away... sad... I need to have someone check out back to see if they can find it.

This little Mama sits out in our yard about the same time every morning. I bet she has babies out there too... Exciting...
 
Sorry I've been among the missing, I hope to get better at posting again.
 
I'd really appreciate prayers for my SIL, she's still in the hospital.
 
Blessings....


4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww! hope you find your feeder topper! looks very familiar. :)

i like to watch the bunnies here, too. 5 min. a day is pretty meager. wow.

prayers for your sister-in-law.

Susie said...

Gert, I loved your pictures. I can not even spot our oriole but I hear him singing at times. We had plenty of rabbits here this year. We life trap and take them to the woods...there a big woods down the road. I would not want to go in it for any reason.So dense. Hope you are staying cool there...it's to be 99 degrees here today. Well that's just too hot. Blessings, love you, xoxo, Susie

Beth said...

I love your beautiful photos, Gert! We had orioles early in the season but it's been in the 90's, very hot, for a month now and they quit coming to the feeder. I think it's been very hot in your area as well. Take care and I'll pray for your s-i-l.
Blessings, Beth

Margie's Musings said...

I feed the birds too but I'm not very creative. You certainly are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails