Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Letters and Loss

Since April was "letter writing month" I did a 30 day mailbox challenge.  I selected 5 different friends across the globe and wrote each of them once a week. One was a pen pal who we met several years ago and had written back and forth ever since. I always looked forward to her letters. She did not have access to a computer so she always hand wrote her letters. She was in a nursing home the last few years after her husband passed away from cancer. She also had MS. I just heard yesterday that she passed away. (Sad) I was very surprised and so sad.. However, I'm very thankful that for that month she got so many nice cards with notes and letters from me. God works in such mysterious ways. Please pray for Jean's family...(thank you)

I hope you've had a wonderful-love filled day... Has someone touched your life today or have you touched theirs? 

Time for bed- sweet dreams....





6 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

What a nice thing to do, Gert. I also have a dear friend in very poor health. I try to stay in touch with him and his wife at least once a month.

Susie said...

Gert, I am sorry to read of your friend passing. But just as you said, your letters and cards were meant to lift her spirits and I am sure they did. You are a great friend. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, blessings to you, xoxo,love, Susie

Ida said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that your friend passed away. I think it was wonderful that you were able to help brighten up her last days with your cards/notes. I have a hard time writing letters anymore & yet people who get them always appreciate it so much. We just never know how a simple gesture like that can mean so much to the one who receives it.

TexWisGirl said...

awww. i have no doubt your letters cheered her immensely.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

So sad to hear of your dear friend's passing, but it is a good feeling to know that you sent letters and encouraged her when you could! What a wonderful thing it was that you did! I received a card in the mail today from a precious friend and she and I send cards quite often to each other. It is good to have friends to write and send cards to, a lost art I think. Blessings and hugs to you today :)

Shirley said...

Hi Gert, I have enjoyed catching up with your blog tonight. I am sorry about your friends passing. I still like the hand written letter. To me it gives a letter a special feeling when they are hand written. The little one was precious in her costume at the dance recital They just grow up to fast. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails