Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Flowers-Flowers-Flowes

Are you enjoying the flowers this autumn? It seems they are all in full bloom now. The other day when we were coming home, I saw these sunflowers...one of my favorite blooms. (Of course being a farmers daughter...sunflowers are normally not a friendly 'weed'..)

My son and I were both discussing this...how when  we each had to cut these flowers (weeds) down out of the bean fields. BUT...they are YELLOW, and their a flowers. I even love the name SUN-FLOWER!!! smile..

I told you I'd share with you how much my porch flowers have grown this summer.
 
Aren't they pretty?? My friend Laurie did an amazing job potting them didn't she??
 
These are hanging and are such a nice variety too... Their just perfect for this half basket. I bought the basket years ago and try to continue to use it every year as it fits perfect on the garage! 

Just a close up of  one of the plants... I love these!!!

Another close up of another one of them..
 
And finally the last one!
 
I've been busy finishing up the quarterly newsletter. Whew...another one done!
 
Our day was cool and gorgeous! Rusty and I sat outside for a long while. We just enjoyed watching and listening to the sounds of world going by!! (I kept hearing this clicking...as a bug or something flew by me.. I tried to see what it was. It landed here and there.. but couldn't get a good view of it. Even though it sounded somewhat familiar...different things went through my head.  Could it be a hummingbird? A butterfly (I did see the Monarchs flying by)?? NO...it ended up being a 'grasshopper'!! Ugggg...[another story for another day..])
 
My son, Randy continues to heal, it's been two months of H____ for him. But bless his heart he is a fighter and very strong in his faith. I pray soon he will be back to his new 'normal'. He and his lovely wife just celebrated their 27th wedding anniversary this week! She too is a very 'strong, caring, loving and God fearing woman. How blessed we are to have her in our family.
 
My sister in law, Karen is having more health issues and I would really appreciate your prayers and or good thoughts for her.
 
Blessings and have a wonderful SONday!!
 

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Gert!
I was so happy to see a post from you. I have not been blogging but did do an update on my blog on John and life in general.
I love sunflowers, too, and wish I had planted some this year. I will pray for your son's continued healing and restoration and also pray for your sister-in-law. I know she has had some ongoing health issues, too.
I hope YOU are doing well yourself. Love to you- xo Diana

TexWisGirl said...

all your blooms are beautiful. blessings to your son and dil. keep smiling, gert.

Susie said...

Gert, Yes, I will keep your SIL in my prayers along with your son and his family. You are in them also. :):) It is nice to be able to get out on the porch and not sweat. I loved seeing all your flowers. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Lady Fi said...

Such pretty flowers!

Lady Fi said...

Love the flower shots.

Annesphamily said...

Prayers for Karen. Flower the sonflower shot too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails