Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

October..Your Here Already...

Can you believe it?? October is here already?  This picture is our mums...aren't they pretty?? One year, we bought 3 of them; purple, yellow and orange! For whatever reason this was the only one that survived and flourished! Every year, they bring back memories of watching Tom planting them:)
 
Hard to believe...but a year ago on the 29th of September, Tom left our home never to return. From then on, he was either in nursing homes or the hospital before passing away in January. But there are just so many sweet memories that I encounter everyday...just like this one, of him planting these gorgeous flowers for all of us to enjoy long after he's gone. I have been so blessed to have had him in my life.
 
Today, when I let Rusty out, the yard was full of turkeys! I thought, 'ya you go boy'!! And sure enough he chased them all out of the yard..ha.. (Had they only known he could go just so far, he's on a pretty short lease...lol) However, Mr. Squirrel..came scampering across the yard today too...trying to find a place to bury a nut that he had in his mouth. He'd start to dig...then run a little farther and try again. He'd stop and look at Rusty, and for whatever reason he knew he wasn't going to come after him. Then off he'd go again..I'm not sure if he ever found a place to bury that nut...hummm........ I tried getting a picture with my cell phone, but they were NOT good.

This was our day this morning.. overcast and kind of gloomy. No rain however, which is good, the farmers are or soon will be getting in their fields and harvesting their crops. It is pretty though to watch the leaves turn colors and fall to the ground. What about your weather, how was it today??
 
My son is doing better, he's been able to play a few songs with his band. That is exciting and good for him. It will have been 3 months next week since his horrible accident. He continues to help me and be a blessing. I sold our pickup last weekend and had to take care of all kinds of stuff with that. But he was right there driving me around. (smile) And Rusty had to go to the groomers, so he did that one day. (thank goodness..)
 
My daughter in Georgia is back home tonight from their trip to Florida. What fun they had. Loved the pictures she sent. They went to Sea World Friday. They really saw a lot of cool stuff.
 
My sister in law is back in the hospital, so your prayers and/or good thoughts for her and for Randy (my son) would be greatly appreciated. Tomorrow I will tell you what my plans are for the day. (Let's see if I get them done!!)
 
Blessings and good night..

3 comments:

Susie said...

Gert, I am glad you have the good memories of your sweet Tom. I always loved that he would drive you back around the block for a good photo of something. :):) I can just see Rusty chasing those turkeys. LOL. I am happy that your son helps you when he can . We need our children's help at times. I would love for my daughter to help me restyle my blog.:) I love your orange mums, I have some in that color also. Prayers for your SIL, Randy and you sweet lady. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

TexWisGirl said...

i'm so glad randy is able to return to a few 'normal' things! must be a huge mood boost. and glad he can help you out. i cannot believe october is here... the weather here is a perfect fall day, though. i am grateful to be off today to enjoy it with my pups.

TexWisGirl said...

and turkeys! so cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails