Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas Eve

 
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even the Thanksgiving day mouse! The stockings weren't hung by the fireplace with care, knowing Saint Nicholas wouldn't be there.
 
With Rusty all nestled and snuggled in his bed, with visions of Milk Bones dancing through his head. And I in my jammies and  pink night cap, had settled in for a long winters nap.
 
When out on the lawn, I head such a clatter, I sprang (ahem!) from my bed to see what was the matter. I ran (ahem!) to the window, threw open the curtains and what to my wondering eyes should a appear, but a gang of turkeys and a family of deer!

They looked, they wondered, they knew not what they'd find. Some corn, some bread, some seed? Oh, that would be a wonderful Christmas feast, indeed!!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!"

1 comment:

Betty said...

Ah, that's lovely Gert:) I can imagine them there in the snow looking for some tasty bits. Are the cardinals still visiting?
Christmas day is drawing to a close here and a very hot day it has been. The air-conditioning has been running flat out all day as the blazing sun made it too hot to be outside. It's nighttime now but the air is still hot.
Wishing you peace, comfort and joy at Christmas. Thank you for your good wishes.
Hugs, Betty ox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails