Here is my grandson Jesse, who was home for a few days after the first of the year.
We all gathered for a wonderful dinner. These was taken that night! He is so handsome and we all miss him so much. But he does love Colorado! And what I've seen in pictures, I can see why!! smile...
Remember my birthday celebration? I wanted to show you who actually got a LOT of attention... Rusty of course!! His dad (Tom) taught him all kinds of tricks. One he especially does, is sit up and patty cake. Well, of course, all the girls love having him do it! Their Meme was showing them how only one at a time should ask him.. Otherwise, Rusty was like....wow! look at all these kids, with all those treats just for me. But which one should I do a trick for??? Okay...I'm watching the adult...ha! ha!
That evening, my granddaughters in Georgia, Facetimed with me. It was just like sitting in their home, catching up on all that they have been doing! That was just the perfect way to end a perfect birth-day!!
On the 15th of January we were threatened with a major ice storm. They were predicting it for at least 5 days prior to the storm. They put a lot of fear in a lot of people. (myself included). I made sure I had food and water. Matches to light my gas stove if the electric went out (for heat) even though they say you shouldn't do that. I had warm blankets upstairs and a weather radio available!! And then it happened...it rained and soon temperatures dropped and our world turned to ice in the night...the driveway, steps etc. were coated with it. Not many got out in it. Poor Rusty...the steps off the porch (even though they are carpeted) were ice covered. He had to make a run for it, to get back in the house. BUT, thankfully I can say it wasn't as bad as predicted!!! (thank goodness) These photos show some of the ice and how it hung from the trees and on the Yucca plant below my window! (As you can see the droplets froze in time!)
Even though the morning started with overcast skies, the sun seems to be breaking through a little at a time. Just getting some sun make me smile!! Who doesn't love, blue skies and sunlight in the middle of winter?? The world here in the Midwest seems so black and white for most of the winter. But....soon I will be getting a whole lot of "SUNSHINE" as today is the twins 4th birthday and there will be a party to celebrate it! So...I must start to get ready soon, as I can not be late for this very important date!!!!
Blessings to your day!!







5 comments:
Gert, Glad you enjoyed time with your family. How's Randy doing? It will be fun for you , spending time with the little ones. I know we have had a mild winter so far..it will be hard to accept nasty snow now. LOL. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie
Hi Gert, I'm so happy to see you having a wonderful time with your family for birthday celebrations. Your grandson is indeed a handsome guy! We escaped the predicted ice storm and so far the weather hasn't been too bad here. Other than the cloudy days I've been griping about. :) We've got January almost in the history books, so we're inching closer to spring. Yay! Hope you've had a nice weekend and enjoyed the twins birthday celebration. Take care, Cheryl
Great to see photos of Jesse and good to know that he is enjoying life in Colorado. Lovely for you to be able to share in the fun of family birthdays.
The frozen rain drops look so pretty, but you would probably rather they had melted with some sunshine.
It's almost February, a short month. You will soon be seeing bulbs shooting from the frozen earth.
Take care and keep warm. Betty
What a fun day your family put on for you! I loved hearing about Rusty and how he likes to do tricks for treats, so cute! We have taught our dogs lots of tricks too, and they do love the treats, lol!
I think they make a lot of money by scaring people about these storms. We have had several already this winter that they have predicted heavily over and over, and they turned out to be not much to be concerned with. But I guess it is better to be safe than sorry, although I do think they overdo it on the news.
Hope you had a wonderful time at the twins birthday party :)
So sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a good time.
Post a Comment