Well, I know I've been among the missing for quite awhile. And I wonder sometimes, where do I start again?? So I figured I'd start with today and go backwards for a post or two so you could catch up on what's been going on!
Today: I wanted to say something 'smart' or 'sassy' about our Snow Storm Warning...but I really am thankful that we ended up on the edge of it and so far only got about 4" of snow. (They were predicting 8-12 or maybe even 14" of snow). There have been a few towns north of us who actually have gotten 8" so far. I'm sorry for them, but thankful for me!
Yesterday, I went to the doctor for my 6 month cholesterol check, and while I was there I mentioned how my ears and head hurt. And that I had woke up coughing that morning. He swabbed for strep throat, and thankful I didn't have it! But my throat was a little red so, with all the other things going on, he prescribed some antibiotics for 4 days. Well, last night was a bad one. My nose ran all night, I woke up with the chills, and could hardly get out of bed this morning. (I'm so glad he started me on those antibiotics!!) Then I found out my great granddaughter was diagnosed with Influenza A, so I called my doctor and told them. They prescribed another pill to go along with the antibiotics!!. I should be a new woman when I get over this..hee hee
My Great was here Saturday to help me celebrate my birthday!! What a wonderful day that was! My son came over, early in the morning and did lots of "mommy do's". Rusty had left quite a pile of 'do-do' in the yard, so he cleaned that all up. And fixed my bird feeder...so now I have lots of birds back out in my yard!!! (So exciting) Then my daughter in love, came with the two great granddaughters, carrying a beautiful bouquet of flowers!! (smile) Soon, my granddaughter, the mommy to the twin girls came. As you can see in the picture they are all just adorable!! Instead of cake she brought cookies! (If you know me, you know I LOVE cookies..) I think I should have been casted as the cookie monster!! These were so pretty....butterflies...I hated to bite into them.. But I finally gave in..ha ha!!
Enough for tonight...more tomorrow as it happens...



2 comments:
Oh Gert, I'm glad you enjoyed such a wonderful birthday. I'm sorry I missed it on Fb. I have been giving it a rest for a while.
The weather sounds pretty terrible! That bunny looks frozen.
Love the flowers and your great-granddaughters.
Hugs, Betty
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, but hope you are feeling better by now! That flu is no fun! Your grands are so cute! What a special way to celebrate your birthday with your son doing some chores for you and all the sweet things your family did for you. Glad you had a happy birthday :)
Post a Comment