Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Everyone Needs Prayers~Even the Turkeys

Last Friday was busy.. I had Bible Study in the morning.(This picture was taken prior to Halloween). Rusty was all dressed up in his Orange bowtie. He is our greeter you know. He loves it when the ladies come to pray, and learn more about the word.. Actually there are usually snacks, and I fear that is what he loves the most..ha! ha! We all enjoy this time together and have formed a wonderful friendship.
 
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18:20
 
This Bible verse says it all. My thoughts and feelings exactly..
 

Now to end on a funny note, here is sort of a poem I wrote..and before you read this you must be aware that one of our local grocery stores has an advertisement, 'buy a ham and get a turkey free!' 
 
On my trip to the doctors the other day, I spotted some turkeys along the way. I thought, "Oh you silly little fools, only a week away until Thanksgiving Day." There maybe some who will spot you and think, "Oh yum, a free turkey and I don't even have to buy a ham!" You will grace their table, with stuffing galore, mashed potatoes, gravy and more. So....go hide my turkeys and save your life!! Fly away...fly away...fly away all... That way we will see your descendants next fall!!!
 
Ha! Ha! I don't think I'll ever make a poet.. Oh well, it was fun! And actually, Tom and others have seen people chasing the wild turkeys. We even talked to someone once, at the doctors office, I think. Anyway, he kind of let it slip that he or someone had shot them before. AND yes, they were tough. Nothing like the ones you buy!! So, maybe they know no one wants them.. smile...
 
Hope you're looking forward to wonderful Thanksgiving week!
 
Bye for now...
 

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Love the poem, Gert. What a fun little tribute to turkeys! I have had wild turkey and it is stringy and tough and has a whole different taste. I'll take a butterball any day of the week. xo Diana

bj said...

hahahaa...dear Gert...I love your little ditty about the turkeys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails