Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

Storing Up for Winter

Good evening! Have you ever had God move people into your life? This little lady is my neighbor, and has been for several years. She's married and has two beautiful children (except when they have Halloween out fits on... then their scary! LOL)  Tom used to visit with her when he was out in the yard. And we had hollered at each other a few times! But one day....I fell!! And I called her neighbor who wasn't home, but said he'd call her, that she could get me up! Well..that was the beginning of a wonderful God given friendship ! In the last six months she has been my friend and caregiver! Example, this weekend, she was busy cooking most of the day. She made little lasagna's (6 or so I think) and froze them...aaaaa not all of them. I had her keep one out, which I ate for dinner and supper! It was so yummy! She also made taco meat, loosemeats, and tater tot casseroles! Before, she had made chicken fajita meat and barbeque shredded chicken. Oh, and chili... Tonight she made meatloaves for me! Yes, thanks to Krystal...my freezer is full..and I should be set for the winter! (What a blessing she is!)

Also yesterday some of my friends from church stopped by.. she had brought homemade bread to have with coffee at fellowship after church! She knows how much I love her breads, so she shared some of them with me! They both have had health issues...and yet they just keep going. They are amazing!!

I have been watching the Christmas Hallmark movies since they started! Some I've seen before...and could watch again and again! I know their predicable but so clean, loving and refreshing! I also watch Poldark! I like the show (on Public television), but after watching it last night before going to bed, it was kind of unsettling. sad.... I guess I should always end my night with a Hallmark movie!! smile... Do you like the Hallmark shows? Do you think it's too early to be showing them? (not me of course..lol) How about Poldark..are you watching it? Would love to hear your option...

Time for rest...blessings to you all...

7 comments:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Hi Gert! So glad to know you have a close neighbor that is helping your life to be more fulfilled! I have been disappointed with Hallmark for starting too early with Christmas movies but I finally succumbed to watching them. There is so much of what is on tv that I don’t care for so I gravitated towards Hallmark- and like you I like the simple clean stories they present. Extra blessings to you during the holidays!

bj said...

What a blessing she is to you...and what a great feeling to know your freezer is full for the winter. God is so good to send people into our lives to help us along. Next time she comes over, please give her a big hug and tell her one of your blogging friends says THANK YOU !
Much love to you .....xoxo

Susan Zarzycki said...

Hi Gert! I just found you! Where do you live? I live in Maine and Pennsylvania. We are having very cold nights now. My flowers are finished, so sad. I used to be a Red Hatter but our Chapter closed some years who now. I love your blog,so happy and interesting!

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful that you have a friend like that and that she is a close neighbor. Things don't always happen like that anymore. She is a true blessing and a gem.

How wonderful to have a couple of church friends pop by, too. I haven't watched Hallmark recently--there has just been too much going on but they are nice, clean shows and sweetly innocent.

I am going to have to look up Poldark. I don't know what that show is--but I love most PBS shows.

Have a wonderful day- xoDiana

Betty said...

What a kind, thoughtful neighbour! The food will be a great help to you during winter.
I haven't seen the Hallmark movies. I have watched Poldark, especially for the scenes of Cornwall, the land of half of my ancestors.
Have a good night.ox

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

How sweet of your neighbor to do such a beautiful thing for you! It sure is wonderful to know that your meals are taken care of for the winter and that you have someone close by that you can call who will come and help you! The Lord surely does look out for us in so many wonderful ways, doesn't He!

Susie said...

Gert, What a wonderful neighbor. We all need good neighbors. Ted and I try our best to be that kind of neighbor here. I am amazed at how sweet your neighbor lady is.
I do not know that show Poldark. But I do watch some of the hallmark shows. I like ones with children in them. :) Blessings to you, stay warm. xoxo, Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails