Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Fall is Here Officially



This was my view out my window today! First day of fall!! It was a perfect fall like day. Cool in the morning, then warmed up by afternoon. My Ash tree is quickly loosing its leaves as always. We have 3 of them and their all the same. I'm concerned as there is an Ash bore and I think it's in Iowa. Just pray I won't lose all of them.


My neighbor/caregiver was sitting by the window today and spotted the beautiful Blue Jay. They are pretty, but can be mean also.  Do you have them where you live?? As I look back on my photos, this is about the time of the year when they show up at our feeders.


Just a few photos I took a couple weeks ago.  You can see the colors changing..


I love this one, with the grass in the fore ground. These I say are "photos on the go"...heading down the highway.. 


I was in the hospital (again) and spotted this view out my window. I had my nurse walk over and take this picture. smile... Here's part of what my health has been up to these past few weeks. I had cataract surgery the week before Labor day. Then was in the hospital with stomach issues. Then had my other cataract removed. (It is so amazing to see so clear and how beautiful the colors are.)  That Wednesday my daughter had her surgery (that I had asked prayers for) and thank God they saved her kidney!! She is very sore from her surgery but is feeling better as each day goes by. So, would appreciate continued prayers and or good thoughts that she continues to heal. I went into the hospital again this week with the same stomach issues. sad.. I got home Thursday and am feeling good. So, I pray I never see that hospital again for a long time. ha! However, that being said the doctors and the nurses were amazing. A couple days I had student nurses assigned to me.They were all so thoughtful and kind. They are going into the right profession. 

This kind of gives you the run down on why I've been among the missing.

Hope your weather is good and you're all doing well.

More to come...

4 comments:

Susie said...

Gert, I am so thankful for your daughters surgery being a success. Also for your good care there at your hospital and the cataract surgeries being a success. I have postponed mine this year. I want it done though. I certainly hope your stomach issues are over. I hate to tell you the Emerald Ash Bore has killed the ash trees in our state. My daughter's property has many of them. My son in law will be cutting them down and using them for fire wood. Ted has many in the little woods in back to cut down. A sad loss of trees.
Please take care of yourself. Hope Rusty is doing well. Blessings to you sweet lady. Love, xoxo, Susie

Betty said...

I'm sorry to read that you have been in hospital again and hope your tummy issues will be okay now. I've heard what a difference cataract surgery makes. So glad you can see more clearly now.
Your photos are lovely with the changing colours of Autumn and beautiful Blue Jay. We don't have them here.
Very pleased to hear that Brenda's surgery was successful. I will be thinking of her and you as days go by.
Love from Down Under as we look forward to warmer days.
Betty OX

Shirley said...

Hi Gert, I am so happy your daughter's surgery went well. Isn't it amazing what you see after you have cataracts removed? I have an eye doctor appointment for tomorrow and my primary doctor all in the same day. My daughter will only have to take one day off work that way. I am sorry about your tummy issues and pray that they stay away. I will continue to pray for your daughter as she heals. I am a firm believer in prayers. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend Shirley

bj said...

So thankful for success on her surgery...and thankful you are back home. Like Shirley above, I believe strongly in prayer.

I just had all upper teeth pulled and got new uppers...bottoms ok for now. It wasn't as bad as I thought but it might take me awhile to get used to having something in my mouth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails