Pages

Monday, October 8, 2018

What To Do


A couple weeks ago after Bible Study, the ladies were excited to see the mama dear and her twins, a boy and a girl, outside on our patio. They were eating the birdseed I had out there.


The next morning, when I looked out the window I saw the yard was all tore up! Apparently it was the deer fighting, digging into the yard with their hoofes. I think they call it  roofing I’m not sure it’s the male deer, I guess. That time of the year so they say. Ugggg


The night before, my neighbor girl caught this picture of them laying out there in the same spot actually. They have become so domesticated that they don’t fear people anymore. It’s cute but dangerous too as they are still wild animals.


So, I made decision not to put birdseed out on the patio anymore. We do have plenty of hanging feeder’s for the birds, but a lot of the ground feeders really enjoyed the seed that was on the ground out there for them and, the squirrels and rabbits liked it too. But, I can’t allow them to come and dig up my yard like that.  This week when we had Bible study, one of the ladies said she didn’t care if they dug up her yard as she was still going to feed them no matter what. So I’m thinking, did I do the right thing? Or should I continue to feed them? But in the back of my mind I can just hear Tom saying “don’t feed them”!! We can’t have that yard all tore up. So I guess my question is to all of you is, would you keep feeding them so they keep coming around? Or would you just stop putting feed out on the ground where they could get to it?


How is your weather? Ours has been rainy and cool for the past couple days. We woke up to this, this morning. Not a good day to get out. The next couple of days we’re supposed to get up to like 3 inches I believe of rain. It’s not good for the farmers and they’re trying to get their crops out. But I’m hoping the rain will come to an end and it’ll dry up so that they can get in the fields. I hope none of you are in the latest hurricane that will be coming on to shore along the Florida coast line. Let’s all send good thoughts and/or prayers for them.

Bye for now ...

2 comments:

Betty said...

A pretty sight from your window and I can see the trees are losing their leaves. Looks quite damp. It has been a rainy day here today - not heavy, but persistent. We really need it. The garden is quite dry.
Those deer are very tame. Not afraid of your neighbour. I think you have done the sensible thing by removing the bird seed.
Have a good week Gert.
Betty ox
(PS I have put a new post on my blog)

Susie said...

Gert, Your Tom would be right saying , "don't feed them. " I am leery of them being "half tame" They will come to feed at your house instead of going into the woods or wild parts. We stopped feeding our birds for a long time, because we had chipmunks everywhere. They are cute but they are destructive. There was also a hawk hanging around our area. With harvesting going on the deer are running.
I am praying for the people in the new storms path. Looks like from the weather maps, it may hit Panama Beach Florida and go up into Georgia and the Carolinas. We all know they do not need anymore rains. Wish it could go out to sea and fall apart. Blessings to you, Love you, xoxo, Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails