Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2018

How Many Firemen Does it Take??



How many firemen does it take to change a battery in a smoke detector?? Three !!! Their words, not mine!! Ha! Last Friday I heard a little chirp going off, and I thought “oh, no!!” A battery is going out in one of my smoke detectors. Then I remembered how we got them. A few years ago the news media mentioned that the fire department would come out and install them for anyone who needs them. At that time Tom wasn’t able to climb a ladder anymore to change the batteries etc. So they came and installed several around the house. So, I thought -maybe they would come back and change the batteries!! (Never know unless you try, right?) Well, the minute she answered the phone she said “absolutely”. Is it okay if they come out right now? I said, sure, as I was just watching a Hallmark movie!! smile (private joke-as I love Hallmark movies-ha!) Anyway...I thought. Oh my, I have to let my neighbors know why the fireengine would be coming to my house. I got one told but not the other...before they got here. So almost as soon as they pulled up, here comes my neighbor. Are you okay, etc ??? (I’m so blessed to have such caring neighbors!) When they left I told them, it’s kind of nice to come without having an ambulance involved, huh? They agreed, as they said they’d been here many times before. (Between Tom, Karen and myself !!!) Does your fire department offer free smoke detectors?? 



We did stop putting out feed in the pans on the ground and the deer stopped coming. Some ways it’s sad, but other ways it is saving my yard. I snapped this picture the other day as I was walking through the front room!!! I have several cardinals this year. One day I saw 3 Papa’s and a couple Mama’s. That, to me is awesome!! I’ve got lots of birds out here this year!!! I will put up pictures off and on..so you can see them! 


Here are a couple Downey woodpeckers eating away at the Birdola seed block!! Papa has the red on his head and I’m thinking it’s a baby on the other side. Soooo cooool!!!

Time to get busy and start my day! Have a blessed SONday!!n

Bye for now!!!

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful service for the firemen to do. They are really caretakers, you know, in their hearts. My daughter just married the captain of the fire dept here and he is just a wonderful man.

I am glad there was no ambulance needed!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, blessed SONday, Gert. xo Diana

Susie said...

Gert, Hoe wonderful of the firemen in your town. They are so good to people. I know your neighbor probably was shaken but happy when they heard what the firemen were there to do. So glad you are doing okay. Enjoy the birds again once the deer move out . Hope Rusty is good too. Blessings to you my sweet friend, xoxo, Susie

Betty said...

What good service that was from your local firemen! As far as I know, smoke detectors are not available free from our
fire authority. However, they do come when the ambulance service is very busy.
I always remember the beautiful cardinals from when I first started reading your blog, Gert. They look so striking when the snow is all around and they sit on the bare branches outside your window. I'm sure they must know that you will feed them when there is not much feed around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails