Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2019

A New Bird at the Feeder


When I saw this bird at the feeder I had no idea exactly what it was.. So, I asked on FB, and got a reply from a friend that it was a Warbler!! Later, I found out it is a Blackpoll Warbler, as it has yellow/orange legs and feet! They should not be this far north at this time of the year. So not sure what's going on with them, as there was one here again this morning.


We've also been having some beautiful sun rises in the mornings ...and of course that means I have been up early to see them...lol. 



And when I'm looking out the window at them.. I also see this little fat guy! ~smile~ Our temperatures have been pretty nice too..  I had some appointments this week, and the first one was on a very windy day.. We had gusts up to 50 mph! So I was thankful I had a friend take me. The others on Thursday I drove, and all went well. But the high was only 34 degrees...so was a bit nippy out there! I had won a dozen donuts, so stopped and picked them up...they had done a variety of their pastries....I shared them with the ladies at our Bible Study Friday morning! Yumm...they all loved them! 


Speaking of winning! I won this first chapter of Susan Branches, soon to be published new book "Enchanted"! Trust me, you are going to want to get this one!! I am so anxious now to continue on with the book!!

Hope you're all well and are escaping some of this winter weather this weekend. It is to be south of us. So very little of any snow here.

More as it happens and God bless!!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Gert, I love that you are enjoying the birds and of course that fat little squirrel. Congrats on the win a Susan's book. As soo as I saw the pretty drawing, I knew it was Susan's work. I really enjoy visiting her blog, don't you? Stay warm Gert, I know it got cold and nasty there Yesterday...here too. Blessings to you sweet friend, xoxo,love you, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Glad you are able to be out and about, Gert. That is a beautiful little bird--confused about where he is supposed to be, I guess. AND I love that fat squirrel that visits you!
Aren't you lucky to win a promo of Susan's book. She is a favorite of mine.
Happy and blessed SONday to you, Gert! xoDiana

Betty said...

You have taken some lovely sunrise photos over the years Gert. Seems like the weather is not too pleasant just now. Must be difficult getting out to appointments and for shopping etc.
Great that you were a winner of Susan's first chapter of her new book. I'm looking forward to it too.
Those little squirrels seem to be able to find food by some means or another. Even raiding your bird feeders!
Take care, Gert.
Love and hugs, Betty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails